Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I'm dollar shopping, like I said, it is for the wife, but she is still not 100% she will like riding her own bike. Soooo, I don't want to spend too much on a used bike, in case she is afraid of riding on the highway. I gotta be able to recoup most of my money if she didn't like to ride her own bike. I had purchased a Suzuki h50 bike , but she was afraid of riding on the road, but I did it for what I had in it. It may be De ja vu again .

Spyder Garage

There are some guy's on here that are doing just that with the Ryker! They have bags for traveling and it would be new, for the same money!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kajundude View Post
    I would say more highway touring miles than around town. It will be for the wife, she has said she would like her own ride when we go on trips over night. That way she has room for her stuff .LOL. I don't need it to be a speed demon, I need easy to ride & control, and be reliable. I can do most maintenance, unless it needs computer diagnostic. I am finding that the 2010 to 14's are significantly less than 15 and newer.
    My wife currently rides a 2020 RTL that has the 1330 powerplant, but before that she put many miles on her 2010 and then her 2012 RT’s. The 2010 had a severe heat problem that we never solved, so after she got tired of cooking she moved to a 2012 RT limited. The 2012 served her well for 30,000 miles. In all those miles she never got it into 5th gear. The twin loves to rev. Unlike a Harley it makes it’s power way up in the powerband and that is where it is comfortable, provides the best performance and fuel economy.

Don’t worry about arm strength. My wife has a paralyzed right arm and she handles her Spyders with ease.

Have fun touring together.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

my wife is on her third started on 12 sm5 rt then 15 rt then 18 witch had 18000 mile now 2021rt we had 4 gals in our group take the course three now ride there own two of which i never thought would your going to have a better chance of her liking it or recouping your money with a 1330

Spyder Garage

I enthusiastically endorse the suggestion by Texas Al. The Spyder ryde is so much different from anything else. That class, with a closed course and expert supervision, made a tremendous difference for me. You really don't want to just jump on one without knowing what to expect.
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Hi The best course of action is to have her take the Can Am riders course. This way she will try all the models and will get the motorcycle license. Good luck.
    FWIW, schools in NJ are primarily using Rykers these days, typically with one RT on the range. Not seeing F3s lately, not sure why or how widespread this is.
    Also...the school I work for has special keys for the Ryker that limit the top speed on the Ryker to 29mph...there was an "incident" somewhere last year, not sure where, and now CanAm supplies these special keys.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 with the VTwin. I have put 65,000+ miles on it and enjoied them all. It is comfortable, will keep up with other bikes in my group, highway or curves. I do have to change oil 2 to 3 times a year but it's not hard,just " fidely". I found the secret to taking the panels off without removing the mirrors,but I now have majic mirrors so that is not a problem. If you want a good Spyder experience at a low price the VTwin is a great machine.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze