Spyder Garage

Default trailer lights brake light and operation there of.

On the RT622 trailer, 2010 model, the previous owner had a 4 pin square connector (OEM) that was installed. Converting to a 5 pin flat, and using the pathfinder isolator hub, I can not get brake lights to work. The outer red LED lights run as tail lights, The inner red LED flash when using signal, either LT turn or R Turn, but when the brake is applied I get no additional lights. nothing brighter nothing coming on. Also the Yellow bulbs behind the clear lenses do not flash or work at anytime. Did the 4 wire conversion disable these? and why would there not be a brake light..

Spyder Garage

Ok, I’ve had to do a redo… the trailer had a 6 pin wiring from the factory. The signal and brake light were originally wired separate .. a later mod was apparently installed (just the fwd harness, to adapt a 4 pin to the trailer. However, this eliminated the brake light function. Well since I had run the 5th wire as a auxiliary light wire, I had to redirect this to a brake function. I also found the original signal light wires were wrapped up underneath so I redirected them to only separate signal light as the trailer was designed. Now without an auxiliary power, I had to run a 6th wire to supply battery voltage for the interior light. All in all the trailer lights now work as originally designed and I have a direct battery connection interior of the trailer. Installed a set up "truck bed lights" I got from Walmart with a contact switch.. Now with all the lights connected, and working properly now, with super bright interior lights... yea... worth it after two whole days mapping out the wires.