Spyder Garage

Default Is Miles to empty shown on 2020 RTL?

Hi I'm still new to my spyder its a 2020 RTL does it have miles to empty I can find it anywhere]
    I see tripometer, temp, time, but I don't see miles to empty
    thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

I have the 2014 RT LE and it does not have this function. A riding friend with a 2018 F3 Limited has the miles to empty function, not very accurate. Could be model specific.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

My 2020 RT has Miles to empty on the left side of the display.
    Re: Accuracy, The range changes a lot depending on how you're riding. In lazy operation, I've seen 200+ at fill-ups and as low as 160 when pushing the speeds (75+) for long periods. I've gone as low as 30 miles to empty and took on 5.2 gal at fill-up so there is a reasonable reserve built into the calculation.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

what software version is your Spyder. I recently bought a 2018 F3L and it didn't have it either. I had the dealer install the latest software and that added that feature. It should appear here

YgesWzIm.jpg
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Don't have that on my '21 RT. I just kept track of gallons used and miles driven the first 2500 miles and its coming out around 32 mpg average. Take that X 7 gl tank and you get about 220 miles. I use 6.75 gl and that is closer to 210. I figure I need to have a gas station in sight around 200 miles but in emergency might go 220 with Eco light on but don't think that saves anything. My low fuel light comes on around 165 miles.

Spyder Garage

Miles to empty is just a suggestion. There are to many variables for it to be an accurate reading.

My suggestion is to use one of your trip meters as an indicator of how many miles on the current tank. Once you get to know your a bit more, you will get to know how many miles it will go on a tank of gas. Mine will go around 200. We do not push the limits. 150 to 180 and we refill. I would rather have to much gas in the tank than to little. Besides, at 150 miles, you are more than overdue for a stretch and rest.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

All 20 + 21 RT's come loaded with this option in settings. On your left side controls; Go down to settings(gear icon), then down to Customization, then Range. Range is either Off or on, move down to range. push button and Voila!
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    All 20 + 21 RT's come loaded with this option in settings. On your left side controls; Go down to settings(gear icon), then down to Customization, then Range. Range is either Off or on, move down to range. push button and Voila!
    Have you experimented with this to see how accurate it is? Nice to know, I still use the fuel warning light to start planning my next gas stop, or before.

Spyder Garage

Thank you Valkrocket a lot for reading my comment and posting the fix I appreciate it

Spyder Garage

At 200 miles I fill mine up and it will hold 5.6 gallons. I have never put more than this in mine even if it shows almost empty.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Have you experimented with this to see how accurate it is? Nice to know, I still use the fuel warning light to start planning my next gas stop, or before.
    Eventually the miles # will turn into dashes (around the 30 mile range). That is like going onto reserve, for those who remember petcocks on their motorcycles. I start looking for gas when the gauge turns into dashes.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Sounds like your dashes coincide with the low gas warning light at about 165 miles. In either case it's gas time and knowing the location of the next town.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I use mine all the time. It is one of the nice features of our Spyders. I rarely look at the actual gas gauge anymore.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3T (with the big rear sprocket). I have ridden with my buddies 2020 RT Limited on a couple of occasions. I have noticed that I am able to get a few more miles out of a tank than they are. From my last outing, I was able to get 220 miles before the low fuel light came on. So, according to that, I should be able to get the suggested 242 miles per tank. My buddy with his 2020 RT Limited was only able to get 200 miles before his low fuel light came on.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I have found that the miles to empty reading on my 2019 RT LE6 is amazingly accurate. Certainly it will vary with your riding style at any particular time but it should because it reflects miles to empty in real time and that is what you need to know. I had miles to empty on my last two wheeler and it was the same way and just about as accurate. Last time I filled the tank the miles reading had just gone to dashes and it took 5.3 gallons on a 5.9 gallon tank. That's close enough for me.

Spyder Garage

I have run miles to empty to dashes and gage till red mark is gone. On my 18 F3L. About 230 miles. Filled up to 6 gals. Have 7.1 gallon tank. So figure I still had about 38 miles worth of fuel left. That's if it is truly a 7.1 gallon tank.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

To get miles to empty you have to go into the settings page and enable it