Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question F3L vs RT muffler

I have a 2019 F3L
    The mufflers are baffled differently so as to make the F3L sound louder than an RT’s exhaust note.
    I like the quieter sound of the RT exhaust note for long distance tours.
    Ok folks…. the question….for those who know….. would the RT’s muffler fit onto an F3L of same year? Anybody accomplished this?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Here on Oz we only get the RT muffler as standard on all the F3's & RT's, so they will 'work'.... but without changing the mounting bracket, I believe the RT mufflers will only fit straight onto those F3's that come with the rectangular swing arms, ie, the F3-L's & F3-T's. . The other models have a tubular frame arrangement in the necessary spots that means they need a different bracket if you want to fit that RT type muffler. I don't know if you can get those readily over there, I've only ever been asked to go the other way here, ie, lose the RT style Muffler & put on one of the 'other options' that you lot get over there in North America, so I've sourced a few of the tube style brackets to allow base F3 & F3-S owners to toss the RT style mufflers for those like the Straight Shot & all the other optional shorter/louder mufflers you lot have more access to.

Dunno if that helps you any, but for what it's worth, there'ya go!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found a couple of RT mufflers on ebay.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

The mufflers for the RTs and F3s have different part numbers but don't know if that's because of difference in the mufflers or just componentry.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shawn Smoak said they're different and that the F3T/L muffler has a deeper sound. He also said they're interchangable. I'd love to swap my RT muffler for an F3T/L muffler of the same year.