Spyder Garage

Question Connecting Handheld CB to Cardo Packtalk (Bluetooth)

Anyone have any experience in connecting a handheld CB via Bluetooth to the Cardo system? For example, I'm looking at the Midland Ultra Compact 75822 model. It is apparently popular for motorcycle use, but of course isn't Bluetooth. A group I frequently ride with uses hard-wired CB's for their bike communications. Therefore, they don't have any Bluetooth or DMC capability. There appears to be some Bluetooth dongles on the market to convert UHF to Bluetooth, but I don't have any info on compatibility. Also this would probably require a separate push to talk switch (perhaps wireless.) As you can see, I don't have any experience in CB use. (All of this to be used on a 2021 RTL). I already have the Shoei Neotech 2 with the Cardo installed which has been a great system but we don't have any communication with this group. Anyone already plowed this ground? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

The Sena SR10 comes with a PTT button. If your headset has a microphone, The when you hit the PTT button it will convert your bluetooth signal into something your CB can broadcast. Likewise when a broadcast comes into your radio it will convert it into a signal your bluetooth headset can recognize and put in your helmet speakers. Different radios take different plugs so be sure to tell Dave what you have. It should pair with your Cardo,but I don't know for sure

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerPilot View Post
    Anyone have any experience in connecting a handheld CB via Bluetooth to the Cardo system? For example, I'm looking at the Midland Ultra Compact 75822 model. It is apparently popular for motorcycle use, but of course isn't Bluetooth. A group I frequently ride with uses hard-wired CB's for their bike communications. Therefore, they don't have any Bluetooth or DMC capability. There appears to be some Bluetooth dongles on the market to convert UHF to Bluetooth, but I don't have any info on compatibility. Also this would probably require a separate push to talk switch (perhaps wireless.) As you can see, I don't have any experience in CB use. (All of this to be used on a 2021 RTL). I already have the Shoei Neotech 2 with the Cardo installed which has been a great system but we don't have any communication with this group. Anyone already plowed this ground? Thanks!
    What you require is the SENA SR 10 and the cable for the Midland unit, I have both in stock and on sale.
    I also have all the mounting hardware you will require. If you look up top you will see i am one of the forum sponsors
    and sell at discount to members here.
    CALL ME 209-887-2383 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific Time
    SENA SR10 2 way Transmitter for Ham or CB.pngMidland CB Mount.jpgCenter bolt mount-TFENM11AR15-SPR=RT.jpg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 06-11-2021 at 07:10 PM.