I test road a Sea to Sky and liked it (except for the color). The dealer didn’t have any others and it would be a month or more to get one, so I ended up purchasing a Marsala Red Dark edition, just what I wanted, from another dealer an hour away. It was the easiest sale the dealer ever had.

I picked it up a few days later and when the salesman went over it with me, he pulled a baggie out of the trunk with a tumbler lock in it and said, “Oh yeah, this is an extra lockset in case you buy a trailer”. I thought cool, but I’ll never use it and wondered why Can Am would include it?

I got it home and went for a ride that night with my wife, when we got to our destination, I opened the trunk to put her helmet in it and discovered it was missing the lock. I tried my key in the “extra” tumbler and it didn’t work. After several calls to the dealer and much delay, I just learned that the tumbler cannot be re-keyed and that I need to bring the bike in for 3 ½ hours of labor to replace all the locks on the bike. Strike 1

I knew I wanted a belt tensioned and asked my salesman if my bike had one. I was told that it didn’t, and that they are on backorder, and it couldn’t be done in time for me to pick it up with the bike. So I ordered one. I just removed all the Tupperware to discover that, sure enough it had a factory tensioner installed. I removed it and installed the one I purchased since it was billet aluminum and had a double roller bearing. I now have a factory tensioned for sale. Wish I hadn’t gone through all that work to learn something I should have been told. It wasn’t a hard job, just time consuming. Strike 2

I liked the S2S seat and ordered it for my RT Limited. When it came in, I drove 2 hours roundtrip to get it. I brought it home to find the dealer goofed and ordered me a non-heated comfort seat. A week later I returned it (another 2-hour round trip) and picked up the new seat. I got that home and discovered it was heated, but 1-piect for a 2019 Spyder RT. I finally received the correct comfort seat, delivered to my home today. It’s nice. I still have to return the 2nd wrong one. Strike 3

At the time I picked up my seat, I picked up the passenger armrests the dealer ordered for me as part of my purchase. I got them home to discover, in the unopened BRP box that there were 2 left armrests. Back to the dealer to exchange a left for a right one in a box that had just come in to the dealer. When I got there and they opened the box, they found it was missing the left armrest entirely. I am supposed to get the correct left armrest tomorrow. This time the dealer swears they physically checked it. Strike 4

It is going to be nice on Saturday, I have the bike mostly back together and hope to ride.

I hope my luck changes and that my new ride serves me well!

I’ll keep you posted. 😊