Spyder Garage

Default Thank you, Baja Ron

Although my '16 F3-S is quite a good-handling machine, I've been unhappy with the way it feels in tight curves. That late-arriving body lean, after already picking my line and committing to the curve, was a real drag. More than a drag, actually; it was nibbling away at my confidence in the saddle.

So this weekend my Spyder went into the shop for installation of a Baja Ron sway bar. Got the machine back yesterday, and rode it to work and back today.

The improvement in handling is every bit as impressive and welcome as I'd hoped for.

Now I can commit to a curve and my F3-S simply rails through it, with no "surprise" oversteering. Yahoo!!!

Thank you, Baja Ron!!

Signed,
    A fan in upstate New York
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

I agree!, Spyderpops installed mine here at the rally in Hot Springs yesterday.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Next stop - tires!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

hi
    I have a 2016 F-3 Limited that I bought used and would like to know how to tell if I have a standard Sway bar or the Baja Ron.

Spyder Garage

Ron gets a lot of thanks for his bar,but I want to take time in this space to thank him for running a quality operation and supplying quality parts at reasonable prices for our maintenance work. As well as good advice and helpful hints. Thanks for everything.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodswoman View Post
    Although my '16 F3-S is quite a good-handling machine, I've been unhappy with the way it feels in tight curves. That late-arriving body lean, after already picking my line and committing to the curve, was a real drag. More than a drag, actually; it was nibbling away at my confidence in the saddle.

So this weekend my Spyder went into the shop for installation of a Baja Ron sway bar. Got the machine back yesterday, and rode it to work and back today.

The improvement in handling is every bit as impressive and welcome as I'd hoped for.

Now I can commit to a curve and my F3-S simply rails through it, with no "surprise" oversteering. Yahoo!!!

Thank you, Baja Ron!!

Signed,
    A fan in upstate New York
    I am so glad that you're happy with the sway bar. It sounds like you know what you're doing, and you know what you want. I love customers like you! Amazingly! Most of my Sypder/Ryker ryders are in this category.

Have a Great Riding Season!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehwrd52 View Post
    hi
    I have a 2016 F-3 Limited that I bought used and would like to know how to tell if I have a standard Sway bar or the Baja Ron.
    The easiest way is to check for the OEM plastic end links, or, BajaRon Billet Aluminum and Chromoly end links. This is easily done without jacking the Spyder up or even having to crawl under it. If you have the plastic links, then you definitely have the OEM bar. If you have the BajaRon end links. It's still possible, though very unlikely, that you have the OEM bar.

To be sure at that point. Look at the bushings that hold the sway bar in place. They will be at the end of the steel channel which the sway bar goes into after the bend. Take a picture and send it/post it. Or, I can send you a picture of what it will look like. My bushings can be either black or white so that doesn't matter.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Ron gets a lot of thanks for his bar,but I want to take time in this space to thank him for running a quality operation and supplying quality parts at reasonable prices for our maintenance work. As well as good advice and helpful hints. Thanks for everything.
    Answering some of these posts may seem self serving. But I do very much appreciate the blessing all of you are to me and the crew. We enjoy serving as much as you enjoy the products. A good transaction always needs to be good for all parties. But you all are more than just another transaction. We do care and appreciate very much what we have been able to do with your support.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 06-12-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I just installed my BajaRon sway bar, yesterday. Raised the Spyder using ramps on the end of my trailer. Followed instructions, and the installation was a piece of cake, on my 2018 F3t. My only problem was 2 or 3 bouts of claustrophobia panic. (I wont be crawling under the Spyder, again, anytime soon!) I've only had a chance to take a very quick ride, but it feels great.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black