Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Default Battery Tender

Thanks for the info lamonster. Guess I should of been able to figure that out after looking at you photos more closely. No one said I was smart. The older I get, the more I know, Its just soooo much trouble recalling ANY of it.
    I assume everyone believes that a battery tender is a good idea? I have mixed feelings about battery tenders. they sometimes keep the battery too warm and as a result, you see some acid accumulation on the exterior surfaces. The old type batteries (with removable fill caps) liked to be drawn down and recharged. It seemed to improve life but I think the newer (maintenance fee) batteries really hate to be discharged too much and there have been some cases where too much discharge has caused a total battery failure. anyway, I plan to use the battery tender. Figure the Rt will be in storage till early spring.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The two screws on the left go nowhere, I'm not sure why they are there or if this is just a pre production thing. Remove the push pin and screw on the right.
    On my PE those two screws are now tamper-proof. Guess they still go nowhere. They probably hold on the studs that fit into the rubber grommets, instead of them being cast into the cover, or perhaps to make them adjustable.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    On my PE those two screws are now tamper-proof. Guess they still go nowhere. They probably hold on the studs that fit into the rubber grommets, instead of them being cast into the cover, or perhaps to make them adjustable.
    They are for the pins that go into the grommets. Just never updated this post.

srspyder

Default BRP demo? Lamonster?

[QUOTE=Lamonster;141948]I remember BRP telling me I couldn't modify this Spyder but I don't remember them saying anything about taking it apart.

I guess I thought you had purchased one. If you did, how long from ordering to delivery?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Right Site

When are we going to get to see under the right side??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AntelopeSpyder View Post
    When are we going to get to see under the right side??
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15846

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default peaked under her dress

Great pictures

Since you had the tuperware off it would have been a good time to hook up a charging connector, and let it hang out where you can get to it.

Westgl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by westgl View Post
    Great pictures

Since you had the tuperware off it would have been a good time to hook up a charging connector, and let it hang out where you can get to it.

Westgl
    Got it covered

Spyder Garage

Lamont, I just wish you were my next door neighbor. What a font of knowlege and technical skills. To be able to tap into that by just going next door would be any Spyder owners dream.
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Pics

I see from your pics. of the cover to check the oil the front edge is smooth liike ours, are you aware later shipped bikes have two tabs off of the front edgeon both side covers to hook around the front edge to help prevent a blow off I assume, our friend just got her blue RTS and it has these tabs, after seeing the factory added these I tethered ours with small clasps ,epoxy, 4" bungy cords, I assumed they were added for a reason , should anyone blow one off they might question why they were added ,might help with replacement.