I remember BRP telling me I couldn't modify this Spyder but I don't remember them saying anything about taking it apart. As a matter of fact at dinner we were talking about future models of Spyders and Marc said maybe we need a Lamonster Spyder, then one of the guys said "yea it could come stock with all the panels removed".

So anyway I held out as long as I could but I just had to take something apart on the RT. I wanted to see what it would take to get to the battery if I needed to replace it. Jumping it would be no problem but replacing it takes a little more work, well a lot more work. Still it wasn't too bad.

Here's some pics of all the screws and panels you need to pull off.

First you pop the seat

Then you pop off the cover for the oil tank. There's no tools needed for this.

Then you pop the little cover in the trunk. There is a push pin to remove on it and a screw to remove under it.

Next you remove the mirror. No tools needed for this but you got to do it right. You pull out on the bottom and up to get over the pins. Be careful on this one.

Remove the two screws top and bottom.

One screw by the fuel tank. This has some pretty long tabs that slip into the other side so be carful when removing that too.

Remove the wind deflector.

The two screws on the left go nowhere, I'm not sure why they are there or if this is just a pre production thing. Remove the push pin and screw on the right.

You can pop this panel off now. As you can see there are pins on the panel that push into those rubber grommets.

Open the left saddle bag and remove the three screws.

Remove the push pin and screw.

There is a tab behind this panel, remove the screw and note that it is shorter than the others or at least it is on mine.

There's another short screw under the seat you need to remove too.

There are tabs on the saddle bag side that need to fish out. Be carful not to break those

So now we can take a look around. As you can see they gave you a nice long threaded nut to add a power lead and to clamp your jumper cables too. This can be done without removing any of the panels, just pop the seat.

I think this is where you plug in your CB or XM or maybe both. Not sure to be honest but you plug something in there as an option.

New air box

You will have to remove the saddle bag to take out the battery but once you have these panels off it's no big deal.

There's your air bag

Oil filter

Not sure what this is but I really didn't look that hard.

sensor

same crankcase breather

That's it. My guess is I'll have to take the right side off soon if I know me.