Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Head Lights - Are these a standard automotive bulb?

I have a 2019 Spyder RT. I just had a head light bulb burn out. Are these a standard automotive bulb? I know how to get get the bulbs out I just would like to have a replacement before I tear it apart. Where can I purchase a bulb?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any automotive parts or supply store.

Spyder Garage

You would be well served to replace both of them at the same time. Once one goes the clock is ticking fast on the second one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    You would be well served to replace both of them at the same time. Once one goes the clock is ticking fast on the second one.
    Been there done that. Sometimes I think BURP designed and built their spyder around a headlight bulb.

Spyder Garage

If you don't already have LED headlight bulbs, now is a good time to put that in. You have to remove panels anyway.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    If you don't already have LED headlight bulbs, now is a good time to put that in. You have to remove panels anyway.
    ...yours now are Halogens .... if you stick with them they have versions of your size designated as Motorcycle .... they are more shock resistant .... you could also think Sylvania Super Brites .... good lucl ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Another +1 for LED headlights.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Another vote +2, I put in Tricled 360 LEDs which are much brighter!

https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...anbus-approved
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I went an looked at the tric led led light bulbs. Those are pricey bulbs with only a 1 yr warranty - that I could find. I try not to ride at night. When it comes time to replace my headlight bulbs I'l stick to Halogen bulbs, for motorcycles. Worked good in the motorcycles I had, should work good in my Spyder. JMO

Spyder Garage

Night time riding is not the complete picture. LEDs make you much more visible during day light hours.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Something like 77% of bike/car crashes are caused by cages turning left in the bike's path. I want as much attention getting light on the front of my Spyder as I can get. There are 8 LEDs; 2 fender/marker lights, 2 headlights (Slingmods Tricled), 2 fog/DRL lights (also Slingmods), and 2 "can you see me now 3,000 lumen road lights mounted on the insides of the front fenders. Decades of adding extra (and bright) lights on the front of bikes has avoided me getting hit a few times. Don't trust to luck Gerald, it's a jungle out there and you want to survive it. BTW, I do very little to none night riding too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    I have a 2019 Spyder RT. I just had a head light bulb burn out. Are these a standard automotive bulb? I know how to get get the bulbs out I just would like to have a replacement before I tear it apart. Where can I purchase a bulb?
    From page 157 of the Operator's Guide for the 2019 Spyder RT:
    2019SpyderRTHeadlamps.jpg
    Gekko (Larry)

2019 Spyder RT SE6

BRP Driver Backrest [219400679]
    Can-Am Spyder RT Magnetic Side View Mirror Mounting System (2010-19) [SM-4018, TAC Designs at SlingMods.com]
    Centramatic Wheel Balancers [MCAS400-410]
    Grab On Grips Grip Covers [FBA_MC402]
    Hopnel Cargo Organizer Nets For Can-Am Spyder RT [41-156]
    Hopnel Four Piece Luggage Set For Can Am Spyder RT [HCTL + HCSL]
    Marinco Power Products Pro Receptacle (in frunk) [12VRCTT.OEM]
    AmazonBasics Dual-Port USB Car Charger Adapter [CLA-2U5480_white]
    RAM 1" Ball Compatible Dash Mount (Black Powder Coated) [RT-RAM3]
    Various RAM mount components, phone mount, camera mount...
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RT / RT Limited Series Repair and Maintenance Manual Master Collection [Best Shop Manuals 180317]
    Show Chrome 41-180 Shorty Antenna

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for everybody's come back.i just went to an auto parts store and replaced it with the original bulb. I do very little night riding.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

A few years back, I installed LED bulbs (from a company recommended here). Six rides later, one of the bulbs died. So I reinstalled the original bulbs. I'd had similar lousy results with various aftermarket bulbs with my BMW RT, so I figured the headlight gods were tapping me on the shoulder to remind me of their presence.

Spyder Garage

No bulb lasts forever, but most quality LED headlights last for years. Being seen is a massive safety item. Not riding at night is only a small piece of it. Spend a couple of bucks, get LED headlights.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

My 2019 RT limited needs a lamp also. How do you get to it? What needs to come off? Is this the right part # for the lamp (219800136 HB3 65W)?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a bazillion LED bulbs out there for sale and each has its own beam pattern. They also have their own installation issues and shortcomings. And worst of all they are not cheap. Each time I read a post regarding LED bulbs the poster claims the ones he/she bought were the best thing since sliced bread. I just passed something today that I hadn't seen in a long time. A pulsating motorcycle headlight. I forgot just how far away you can see those things coming. A half-mile at least.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    There is a bazillion LED bulbs out there for sale and each has its own beam pattern. They also have their own installation issues and shortcomings. And worst of all they are not cheap. Each time I read a post regarding LED bulbs the poster claims the ones he/she bought were the best thing since sliced bread. I just passed something today that I hadn't seen in a long time. A pulsating motorcycle headlight. I forgot just how far away you can see those things coming. A half-mile at least.
    You are correct. But most any of those more expensive, varying beam pattern LED headlights are far superior to those dim, yellow halogens. As far a being difficult to install, they are no more so than replacing the inferior halogen bulbs.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    You are correct. But most any of those more expensive, varying beam pattern LED headlights are far superior to those dim, yellow halogens. As far a being difficult to install, they are no more so than replacing the inferior halogen bulbs.

I wholeheartedly agree with you for the most part. However, I view LED lighting as going both ways. Seeing as well as being seen. If I can't adequately see where I'm headed or more importantly see an obstruction that's in my way or that may be coming my way, LEDs are of little more value than halogens. As for being seen, I believe you are right on target. I recently invested in an LED strip for my bump skid for that very purpose. Personally, I've yet to see another lighted vehicle of any type on the pavement with similar lighting. For what it's worth, the LED bump skid is an eye-catcher. Problem is, they are already beginning to fail. Cheap china junk, I guess. But I'll run them until they totally fail and something better comes along. What I’m eagerly waiting for is a consensus of a number of spyder owners to confirm a brand of LED headlight bulb that has a compatible beam pattern to our beloved spyders. It's not difficult at all to occasionally find yourself outriding your headlights, if you know what I mean. I've had my share of close encounters while night riding and my luck is running thin.

Spyder Garage

2dogs....Being noticed is my primary interest in front end lighting, since I do very little night riding. That's why I have added Slingmod's (Tricled) combo fog/DRL lights and LED headlights. I also added cheapie LED road lights that attach to the insides of the front fenders, so oncoming sees 8 LEDs. Those I ride with say it's very noticeable. Good.