Spyder Garage

Default Headlights - what are the small round 'lenses'?

What are the small round things in the upper outside of the headlights? They don’t appear to be lights, at least mine don’t light up. Are they just mirrors to spread light from the headlights?

Spyder Garage

In the large headlights (but not in the fog lights!) they are where you can fit 'Accent Lights', but they weren't fitted as standard on all RT models. So if you just have the shiny placcy bits & not an actual light, then your particular machine didn't get the Accent Lights, sorry!

Don't know if you can still buy the kits for them, but if you can, you'll need some way of drilling or cutting out the shiny placcy bits - and that's not really easy to do well.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you! I guess they’ll stay just the way they are!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    In the large headlights (but not in the fog lights!) they are where you can fit 'Accent Lights', but they weren't fitted as standard on all RT models. So if you just have the shiny placcy bits & not an actual light, then your particular machine didn't get the Accent Lights, sorry!

Don't know if you can still buy the kits for them, but if you can, you'll need some way of drilling or cutting out the shiny placcy bits - and that's not really easy to do well.
    my 2014 RT has them and they are only a decoration .... I'm a DIY'er and gave some thought to making them real .... there are LED spot lights that will fit , however they are very small and would produce very little light .... so not worth it ... to me anyway .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    my 2014 RT has them and they are only a decoration .... I'm a DIY'er and gave some thought to making them real .... there are LED spot lights that will fit , however they are very small and would produce very little light .... so not worth it ... to me anyway .... Mike
    C'mon ... you know that's where you want to put flashing red and blue lights!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    C'mon ... you know that's where you want to put flashing red and blue lights!
    .... Not anymore I don't ..... Mike .......and in Vt they only use blue