Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CloverCrawler is down!

I had a cage drift in my lane coming out of a left turn at a light. Started slowing down and moving over to the right as far as I could and avoided hitting him but I slightly misjudged how much room I had and grazed the wheel up against the curb. Not enough for direct impact but enough to lock the wheel up break it off at the ball joint and kick it out to the side and bend it back.

It threw me off into the curb and luckily my safety gear worked as it should. My bell qualifier helmet took a hit directly to the back right side protecting my head from the curb and the whole right side of my body hit the curb.

No road rash but but my shoulder is bruised up I think I may have a couple of cracked ribs as it hurts to breath deeply and my right hip and thigh are bulged out and sore.

I already talked to the insurance company and if the lower mount for the a-arm is bent on the frame I'm totaled which really suck as the rest of the Spyder is still in pristine condition. When inspecting it before the tow truck took it Besides the damage to the a-arm and the wheel it looks like the right lateral of the frame is bent.

Now heres what really sucks what happens now if the bike is totaled? I still have not received accessories for the bike that were ordered over 3 months ago and still have not been delivered and it was financed and it not a small number either. I am talking roughly about 4 digits in accessories that were financed but never delivered by BRP.

I guess I will cross that bridge when we get there hopefully the Crawler will survive this ordeal but if she doesn't I think I will be upgrading to the F3-S. I have really enjoyed riding her and don't want to give her up. It's in the adjusters hands now as to what her fate will be. I am supposed to find out in between now and Monday. Longest weekend ever!

wheel2.jpg wheel1.jpg wheel3.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

sorry to hear glad still above ground & able to share

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    sorry to hear glad still above ground & able to share
    I have tried to take it in good spirit, I think the biggest thing that was damaged is my pride. It was a stupid mistake.

Just turned over 3600 miles and the break-in service was supposed to be tomorrow, when I called the dealership to let them know the tow truck was on the way. I led off by saying "I was going to be coming in a little earlier for my break-in service."

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The important thing is your going to be ok. I wish you a speedy recovery form the bumps and bruises. Hopefully the insurance will workout where it will not cost you anything.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Put the accessories on the replacement spyder???

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The most important thing is you are relatively okay. You think you might have crack ribs? Please go to the hospital as soon as possible. That really sucks.

I guess BRP will blame the delays on Covid. They had a really good very profitable first quarter. C'mon BRP. Something tells me they are prioritizing the snow mobiles, water craft, and ATV's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Put the accessories on the replacement spyder???
    This is my conundrum... Why would I buy another 2020-2021 when there are no parts available for them?

As much as I want to own one do I really want to buy back into something that has part scarcity from day one?

I waited 10 years to buy this one, I can wait a couple of more so they can show me they can reliably produce parts.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

If they have not been shipped, then there should be no reason they can not cancel the order.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    This is my conundrum... Why would I buy another 2020-2021 when there are no parts available for them?

As much as I want to own one do I really want to buy back into something that has part scarcity from day one?

I waited 10 years to buy this one, I can wait a couple of more so they can show me they can reliably produce parts.
    I can say this with confidence. The parts will return! Everything is on back order. I ordered a specialty snap on tool 9 weeks ago. Still can’t get it. My sister ordered a brand new Ford bronco 2 months ago and it’s not coming till august. My father special ordered a toy hauler last fall with a guarantee to be done in May and it’s now pushed back till august. Seems like august is starting to become the norm for everything including the car chips now. I hit 2 deer at once December 22 with my truck and it took till the end of February to get all the parts and the license plate holder is still back ordered and it’s now June. It’s not only BRP. If insurance totals it buy another one. You’ve waited 10 years, times to short to wait 2 more on a machine that is very reliable. Just my opinion.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Sorry that this happened to you. I wonder, did the other motorist stop? Was a police report taken? Just wondering, that's all.
    Incidentally, today marked 20 years since my real bad brain injury. Which is why I ryde a Spyder and how I found this incredible community.
    Glad you're basically ok. And I'm sure the parts can be returned, or the order cancelled.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Glad your here to tell us about it. Good luck. Heal quick! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Good luck on your quest. Glad you are able to tell your story.
    Get well an heal quickly.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    If they have not been shipped, then there should be no reason they can not cancel the order.
    I have tried to cancel the order twice and I have ran into resistance twice as well asking to give them 2 more weeks.

Last promised delivery date was April 28th. I was waiting until my break in service which was scheduled for today to basically ask for a refund if they didn't have it and try to find it on my own.

I really dislike the fact that BRP Dealers are taking orders for accessories when selling the Spyder and telling people that parts will be there in "2 weeks" when they know damn well it's not going to be there in 2 weeks.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Sorry that this happened to you. I wonder, did the other motorist stop? Was a police report taken? Just wondering, that's all.
    Incidentally, today marked 20 years since my real bad brain injury. Which is why I ryde a Spyder and how I found this incredible community.
    Glad you're basically ok. And I'm sure the parts can be returned, or the order cancelled.
    The motorist didn't stop but there was some other kind people that were at the intersection that got out of their car to check on me. Md. state police and Frederick city police responded to the call but no report taken.

And quite frankly I doubt the guy even knew I was there. They seemed to be in their own world. Once I get back on the road the first mod besides rons sway bar and floorboards will be the loudest exhaust possible to be heard. That and to keep even more distance than I have from other vehicles.

I also think my eyeglasses may have caused some issues as well and I have glaucoma. I have some progressive bifocals with transition lenses and I have had issues in the past with my peripheral vision while wearing them and driving my car. I never contacted the vehicle but I over estimated where the curb was at in relation to my wheels. If I had not done that I would have been ok. I think I just need to get a set of regular lenses to wear while on the spyder.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

After all we have been threw with this Virus crap, it has affected everything we do and touch right now!!! People out there want to sit home and collect all what they think is free money and not go back to work still! So this affects Canam, and all of there subcontractors and suppliers!!! It's not the norm! Don't think it's going to stay this way! I hope for the life of me it will not! Don't give up, good luck, heal quick, you'll be back on the road before you know it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

Good to hear you are alright, can always replace the Spyder. Dealership should allow you to cancel your order. If prepaid that is probably the hiccup. Everything is backordered wherever. A good set of horns is better than a loud exhaust - need something that jars a person awake. People will generally disregard a bike/trike that has a loud exhaust if heard at all. Very bad habit that turn/drift into the lane a person wants.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Not sure if others mentioned this yet, but I would seriously look into get a liaison to represent you in dealing with the insurance company.

Most times they are not interested in anything more than paying the minimum. With injuries, damaged gear and a trashed motorcycle, let the pros deal with it if viable.
    With all of the questions being asked from the insurance, I can see why a lot of people are using helmet cams. Especially for information call back. The cops were asking me about the vehicle and all I could remember at the time with my bell still ringing was a beige colored midsize pickup I cant even recall the make.

If I had a good helmet cam I could of just pulled it up and had the info right there for them.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I here a lot about scarcity of parts but I haven't had any problem with BRP accessories. I have a significant amount of money in accessories and haven't had any trouble getting them thru the dealer or on line. You do have to be careful of the on line dealers though.
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also think my eyeglasses may have caused some issues as well and I have glaucoma. I have some progressive bifocals with transition lenses and I have had issues in the past with my peripheral vision while wearing them and driving my car. I never contacted the vehicle but I over estimated where the curb was at in relation to my wheels. If I had not done that I would have been ok. I think I just need to get a set of regular lenses to wear while on the spyder.
    That explains a lot of the reason why you hit the curb so hard. I think that rather than trying to continue with your original intended trajectory, hitting the brakes hard would have saved your bacon. But, that kind of instinct comes with experience. So sorry that happened to you. And, I hope your insurance company is one of the top-rated ones that pays claims instead of playing games.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Do you have “gap” insurance?I just bought my rt yesterday and I was able to include it in the extended warranty. It covers the difference between what you owe and what the insurance company pays.

Spyder Garage

Nope and that's what I am worried about, is what that difference will be. It will also be the determining factor on whether or not I will get another one.

If I have to come out of pocket too much I think I am done.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quick update: Went to the doctor all checked out ok but my hip has such a big hematoma in it that even my willy is bruised now, luckily it is just something visible and no pain or loss of function as the wife noticed it . Still nothing on the damage assessment on the bike from the dealer.
    I spoke with the adjuster yesterday and he is going to do what he can to keep from totaling it but things are what they are. Just waiting on the numbers to come in.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

The motorist didn't stop but there was some other kind people that were at the intersection that got out of their car to check on me. Md. state police and Frederick city police responded to the call but no report taken.

And quite frankly I doubt the guy even knew I was there. They seemed to be in their own world. Once I get back on the road the first mod besides rons sway bar and floorboards will be the loudest exhaust possible to be heard. That and to keep even more distance than I have from other vehicles.

Glad your OK, I have had my Spyder for a little over two months now after years of riding on two wheels I am still getting use to the clearance thing. I find myself drifting to one side of the road or the other and have come very close to side swiping the curb (no cars) especially in left hand turns. Sitting in the middle of the road is not normal on two wheels and the added distance with the Spyder front end is something I have to constantly be aware of at least for now, until I am fully use to the bike. I still reach for the front brake lever during short notice quick braking.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green