Hi All,

I'm a noob here. First post. I have been working really hard to crack the algorithm for great sound on my wife's 2018 RTL. I've tried multiple speakers on the back signal to test vs the front stocks. I couldn't get anything the was a quality speaker to sound better and louder than stock. I determined that I hade to deal with the radio signal. I need to document this journey somewhere and this seems like a friendly place.

Like I said, I have tried swapping speakers and BION the stock ones are the loudest. So to clean the sound, I chose a quality amplifier. I have had great success with the back speakers and will be tackling the fronts in July-Aug timeframe.

Current State:
- Front's are stock speakers w no mods.
- Rear's are stock speaker (I measured at 3.6 ohms) w one amplifier (set on 4 ohm) per speaker.
--- Rockford-Fosgate-PM100X1
----- Noteworthy: Marine quality. Uses the voltage in the speaker wire, so only butts in to the speaker connections and has a single ground wire (no power wire).
--- These amps are set to 4ohm and 100h
--- Fader is set one notch toward the front.

Future State:
- Rear
--- Upgrade to stock 5.25 speakers.
----- I will have to mod the housing. Already have the speakers coming. They came out of the front of a 2019 RTL.
----- Change to 60h.
----- Set Fader flat.
- Front
--- I won't know until I learn the ohms and the wiring relationship of the woofers and tweeters. But I will use this thread to document.

Here's some pics so far:

Dottie RTL.jpg
Dottie one amp viewpoint.jpg

We will be at the Spyder Rally this weekend in Hot Springs if you want a look-see and chew the fat. The difference in sound quality between the front and the back is very easy to hear.

Cheers!
-Mark

Keywords: audio, speakers, ohms, amplifier, louder, upgrade, sound, clearer