Spyder Garage

Default Anyone installed BRP's RT-L arm rests on a 2021?

Has anyone installed the BRP armrest on the 2021RTL, they are pricey but I just don't care for the Showchrome which is not available until mid sept.

Spyder Garage

I had them installed when I ordered mine last year. Wife loves them but they do not fold up just slightly outward. Worth the money over the older style from BRP.
    Have minimal adjustment for Hight and forward or back. MINIMAL with bolts so I had to let her ride on back and then remove the bolts for adjustment to were she was comfortable-she wish they were more forward.
    Pretty easy install but the instructions wont load from BRP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJRHRR6FLOw
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Installed them on my 2019 F3L. They are solid. The aftermarket rests I have seen are flimsy in comparison. You do have to give up the heated passenger handgrips - not a problem here in Southern California. The armrests themselves are a bit slippery, so I put some transparent anti-slip tape on them. My GF is very happy with the setup.
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmjweber45 View Post
    Installed them on my 2019 F3L. They are solid. The aftermarket rests I have seen are flimsy in comparison. You do have to give up the heated passenger handgrips - not a problem here in Southern California. The armrests themselves are a bit slippery, so I put some transparent anti-slip tape on them. My GF is very happy with the setup.
    Passenger heated grips work fine on my 2021!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2021 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Can we get a pic from the side that shows the heated grips and arm rest both, please. I thought the arm rest mounted in place of the grips...guess I was wrong! Maybe I'll see a 2020+ Spyder with the arm rest mounted at the Hot Springs Spyder Rally this week.

Spyder Garage

Default arm rest

I have installed the BRP arm rests on my 2021 S2S they are nice and as stated above solid with little adjustment, but there are after market plates you can get from Spyderpops, slingmods and the others that will give you a bit more height adjustment and forward/aft adjustment. The stock height was to low for my wife and she is pretty short, the plates put the armrest in just the right place for her. They do swing (pivot) out about 1 1/2" to 2" for egress off the seat and there is a spot on the forward bottom of each one to mount a four bolt ram mount ball for drink holder/phone/gopro or what ever. I mounted a 1" ball mount and 2" extension swivel and cup holder for the wife.
    Also they do not replace the grab bar, when mounted they sit over the grab bar and mount with a hook in back and a bolt in the front. You replace the plastic panel around the grab bar with the provided half panel. Takes 10 minutes or so to install both arms.
    Last edited by Spiderfrog; 06-09-2021 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add info
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfrog View Post
    I have installed the BRP arm rests on my 2021 S2S they are nice and as stated above solid with little adjustment, but there are after market plates you can get from Spyderpops, slingmods and the others that will give you a bit more height adjustment and forward/aft adjustment. The stock height was to low for my wife and she is pretty short, the plates put the armrest in just the right place for her. They do swing (pivot) out about 1 1/2" to 2" for egress off the seat and there is a spot on the forward bottom of each one to mount a four bolt ram mount ball for drink holder/phone/gopro or what ever. I mounted a 1" ball mount and 2" extension swivel and cup holder for the wife.
    Also they do not replace the grab bar, when mounted they sit over the grab bar and mount with a hook in back and a bolt in the front. You replace the plastic panel around the grab bar with the provided half panel. Takes 10 minutes or so to install both arms.
    Ill have to look into hose plates! Thanks
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Can we get a pic from the side that shows the heated grips and arm rest both, please. I thought the arm rest mounted in place of the grips...guess I was wrong! Maybe I'll see a 2020+ Spyder with the arm rest mounted at the Hot Springs Spyder Rally this week.
    20210610_100445.jpg

20210610_100451.jpg
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

The difference is they don't both fit on the F3 but they both do fit on the 2020-21 RT.

Spyder Garage

The arm rests are a nice addition for me, my passenger (wife) has a tendency to fall asleep on long rides even on my superglide she would fall asleep and I had to hold her against the back rest. On the spyder with armrest no issues. She can fall asleep and still be secure without me holding her on/in.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics. Still hoping to see some in person at the Hot Springs rally

Spyder Garage
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

The arm rests are a nice addition for me, my passenger (wife) has a tendency to fall asleep on long rides even on my superglide she would fall asleep and I had to hold her against the back rest. On the spyder with armrest no issues. She can fall asleep and still be secure without me holding her on/in.
    The first owner of my bike put a seat belt in for his wife, because she would get on and fall asleep on him!! It was the first thing to be taken off when I rolled it home!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I will be installing a pair soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The first owner of my bike put a seat belt in for his wife, because she would get on and fall asleep on him!! It was the first thing to be taken off when I rolled it home!!
    That's an idea (seat belt), but we haven't had a chance for a long ride yet weather being what is is here in Nevada, but I will keep that in mind if the time comes. She should be good with just the arm rest and I am considering the driver back rest so she would be boxed in.

Spyder Garage

I just put them on my 21 RTL. The installation was fine but the finish left something to be desired. There was a significant gap between the rear of the bracket and the plastic. I had to trim some of the old plastic that is supposed to be replaced to fill in the gap. Wife likes them a lot. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

That's an idea (seat belt), but we haven't had a chance for a long ride yet weather being what is is here in Nevada, but I will keep that in mind if the time comes. She should be good with just the arm rest and I am considering the driver back rest so she would be boxed in.
    Oh ya, if you do the back rest and arm rest, she would have to have a nightmare to jump out of that box!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Not knowing your wife but if she is on the larger side the back rest might not work.

My wife can barely squeeze in with my Utopia but it is easy to remove should I need to.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed them on my 2021 RT, took 45 minutes. You can get the instructions on BRP installation site. Now If I could only get a passenger cup holder!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Okeefjr View Post
    Has anyone installed the BRP armrest on the 2021RTL, they are pricey but I just don't care for the Showchrome which is not available until mid sept.
    Diamond R makes a good set.

Spyder Garage

one thing to keep in mind, the showchrome mounts to the top case, so if you remove it, the arm rests come off with the top case (great feature) the look of no top case and arm rests installed is silly IMO.....

2021 Sea to Sky
    2020 600 , gloss black

Spyder Garage

I had the arm rest installed when I bought my 2021RTL. But when I got home they did not reach my wife's arms, she only stands 5'4". So I cut an extension out of metal to raise them about an inch up. Now she is happy.

Arm Rest Bracket.jpg

Arm Rest Bracket 01.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-07-2021 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. About the ram mount plate, I have the plate and know where you’re talking about but I don’t know what size bolts to use. Are they metric or SAE? I saw a guy at our last rally yesterday in Nixa Mo but didn’t get the chance to talk to him much..
    2013 Spyder RT Limited , Metallic Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    I just put them on my 21 RTL. The installation was fine but the finish left something to be desired. There was a significant gap between the rear of the bracket and the plastic. I had to trim some of the old plastic that is supposed to be replaced to fill in the gap. Wife likes them a lot. Chris
    Exactly what I did. That gap is ridiculous! Especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I had the arm rest installed when I bought my 2021RTL. But when I got home they did not reach my wife's arms, she only stands 5'4". So I cut an extension out of metal to raise them about an inch up. Now she is happy.
    Great idea!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0