Spyder Garage

Default Attending first NASCAR Race. Need advice

Hi Folks.

Hope you're all doing well.

This weekend I am taking my 12yr old grandson to our first NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway. Its the Allstar Race. We have already purchased tickets, however, for you NASCAR fans that attend races. I need some advice on what we should do about scanners.

Do we rent them through Texas Motor Speedway site? Or do we rent them onsite at the track? Or, do we use a phone app or something?

I'm all ears for your advice.

Thanks so much.

Big Lenny

Spyder Garage

When I took one of my grand sons to NASCAR races we were always fortunate enough to have box seats at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and we never used scanners. The race was interesting enough.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Be sure that youngster has some hearing protection, it can get loud at these events. Not just from the cars LOL

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Racing Radio's used to have preprogramed scanners for rent or sale at each event, they now sell the scanners but no longer rent them.

I think they stopped doing this when Nascar started offering a similar service for MUCH less money using your phone. It not only allows you to listen in on the drivers conversations but provides much more info. It's about $10 per year or like $3 per event. Look it up on Nascars website.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

yeah, so you stole the nascar allstar race from charlotte!!! LOL..........we have been to many races, you'll need hearing protection OR use a radio headset to help with noise and by listening to the radio race, can more easily track cars on track. have FUN!!! smell that burnt fuel, burnt rubber, if you can for a few laps, go down right to fence and have them ROAR by you a few laps!! hearing protection a must there
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

racing radios still rent you must do on line before you get there

Spyder Garage

Default The Nascar Experience

Hello Big Lenny,
    I am a NASCAR regular and have been to a lot of races. The experience you want is the "Fan Vision" from Racing Electronics. It's a headset that comes with a cell phone size external screen that you can watch the video TV feed, listen to the in car drivers talk to their Pit Crews, and hear the track race coverage. In addition it's a set of ear protectors as well. Also, you can rent them along with a second set of earphone only and put them on your grandson. It has a cord that interconnects between the two headsets and an interphone so you can talk to your grandson and vice versa with a Push To Talk switch. It will protect his ears as well and the two of you can communicate. You can points out things to him and watch your favorite drivers on the screen device and see how they are doing with all kinds of data including lap times, gain or loss on the leaders, etc. It's a true immersive experience for the fan. Here is a link to their web site: https://racingelectronics.com/. You can rent in advance for whatever race and track or rent them at the track itself.

It's truly a great experience and some great bonding between a grandfather and grandson!! Enjoy, and let us know how it went. The headsets are not too expensive to rent, I paid about $45 for the first one and $35 for the second one for the entire weekend.

Good Luck,
    Airjohn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airjohn View Post
    Hello Big Lenny,
    I am a NASCAR regular and have been to a lot of races. The experience you want is the "Fan Vision" from Racing Electronics. It's a headset that comes with a cell phone size external screen that you can watch the video TV feed, listen to the in car drivers talk to their Pit Crews, and hear the track race coverage. In addition it's a set of ear protectors as well. Also, you can rent them along with a second set of earphone only and put them on your grandson. It has a cord that interconnects between the two headsets and an interphone so you can talk to your grandson and vice versa with a Push To Talk switch. It will protect his ears as well and the two of you can communicate. You can points out things to him and watch your favorite drivers on the screen device and see how they are doing with all kinds of data including lap times, gain or loss on the leaders, etc. It's a true immersive experience for the fan. Here is a link to their web site: https://racingelectronics.com/. You can rent in advance for whatever race and track or rent them at the track itself.

It's truly a great experience and some great bonding between a grandfather and grandson!! Enjoy, and let us know how it went. The headsets are not too expensive to rent, I paid about $45 for the first one and $35 for the second one for the entire weekend.

Good Luck,
    Airjohn
    Airjohn,

Thank you so much!. Now thats what I'm talking about.

I'm gonna take your advice and do just that.

Big Lenny