Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RTL cat delete - anyone making them?

Was interested in a cat delete for my 2013 RTL. Seems like no one is making them any longer. For those that have one, does it make a big difference in heat reduction or increased power? Or, would I be wasting my money having one made? I have read the 1330 does much better with cat delete but not sure if it is the same for the 998.

Spyder Garage
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefburg View Post
    Was interested in a cat delete for my 2013 RTL. Seems like no one is making them any longer. For those that have one, does it make a big difference in heat reduction or increased power? Or, would I be wasting my money having one made? I have read the 1330 does much better with cat delete but not sure if it is the same for the 998.
    Well the CAT is a heat sink, so yes there will be less heat ..... The ONLY thing that will increase power is an ECU re-map .... go to MonsterFuel.com ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2021 at 10:01 PM. Reason: power

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's been 5 years since I had my 2013 RT with the 998 engine. I put a cat delete on it but as best as I can remember whatever improvement in performance there was, wasn't enough to warrant the cost. It did give it a little bit bit more throaty sound though! If I had to do it over again I would pass.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)