Wow, I'm blown away in an amazing way at how much information there is on this group!! I appreciate the intense knowledge that is here.

I just purchased a 2012 Spyder RTS (with only 3,117 miles on it no less!!). It's running fairly rough, so my hubby is going to do an oil change.

1. When looking at parts, there is an option of an RT SE5 or an SM5. How do I know which one I have? Is there a place to check with the VIN #?

2. Does it matter which model for an oil change? (SE5 or SM5)

3. Should I be putting in high test fuel or will it run fine on regular 87 octane? UPDATE: Just read the Q&A, I see that I have to check owner's manual, which previous owner couldn't find - will be ordering from local dealer)

4. Should we change out the spark plugs as well at the same time? Or is it unlikely that at 3100 miles it's needed yet?

I've taken 'Manny' out on the road a few times, and I'm in LOVE!!!! I get anxiety on the back of my husband's Harley, so I made the decision to purchase the Spyder so that I could at least participate with him on something he loves very much. Risky since I wasn't even sure I'd like it! But this is definitely a happy outcome.