Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just got my Vreds from Tire rack laterally in one day for $185 shipped (165/60/15). They have a where house in Nevada one state over. Very impressive.

Spyder Garage

just went to their Website they don't list them

DT was getting them out of Louisiana so I don't know if they came from Tire Rack or somewhere else. He mentioned TR having them but not sure his source.

Spyder Garage

Get them from Tire Rack. They will even let you know when they will arrive. Great customer service.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rtnum=66HR5QT5

By the way, does anybody know if replacing the sway bar & sway bar links effects alignment?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-14-2021 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    Get them from Tire Rack. They will even let you know when they will arrive. Great customer service.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rtnum=66HR5QT5

By the way, does anybody know if replacing the sway bar & sway bar links effects alignment?
    I've fixed the link in your post AZ And since I'm on the subject, just for the info of those who care, whenever you add links, please just type or copy them in without adding anything like quotation marks or any other delimiters/additions, ie. xwww.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Quatrac+5& partnum=66HR5QT5! (I inserted/added the beginning 'x' & ending '!' in that example just to achieve the 'right' display in this instance for demonstration purposes ) By not adding anything when you type/copy a link in, the format of that link lets the platform software recognise the 'properly inserted' link 'wxw..... - .....5QT5' address as a URL & so it will automatically add the URL delimiters when you hit submit, meaning that once displayed in your post, your link will show in red and work properly! But if you insert or add anything to either/both end/s, like those quotation marks or any other 'additions', including URL or anything else (as in my example) then all that automatic stuff won't happen & your link won't display in a way that'll readily work!

As for your 'replacing the sway bar & sway bar links' question, NO, installing those should not have any effect on the wheel alignment, simply because you shouldn't need to touch anything besides the sway bar & the links to do that install; and unlike the steering links, tie rods, etc, those sway bar components aren't involved with & so won't change any of the wheel alignment settings - but beware, significantly adjusting the pre-load on your front shocks so that the Spyder/Ryker's static ride height is changed significantly could well cause the alignment to change!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-12-2023 at 07:01 PM. Reason: URL
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

just use the link icon to the left of the email icon.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...rtnum=66HR5QT5
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Thanks so much guys. I guess ignorance is not bliss.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I ordered Vredestine 165-60-R15 fronts for my '21 RT via Discount Tire. 3-4 day delivery. Stock was 165-55-R15 but slightly taller will still fit.
    Kenda 165/55R15 rotations per mile 876.9
    Vredestein 165/60R15 rotations per mile 884.6

Based on the manufacturer's rpm specs the Vredestein is smaller in diameter than the Kenda. Who know which is actually bigger. If the size spec is inaccurate, so probably is the revs per mile.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post

Based on the manufacturer's rpm specs the Vredestein is smaller in diameter than the Kenda. Who know which is actually bigger. If the size spec is inaccurate, so probably is the revs per mile.
    Static and rolling radius are in play. With the lighter load of the Spyder the static and rolling radius may be greater on the Vredesteins, if the published numbers are for a fully loaded tire. This would effect the rev per mile.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Not sure which is actually bigger, but I do know that 205/65R15 at 814 Revs/Mile put the speedometer almost spot on.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Default Tire mileage update for Verdestein Quadtrac 5 on 2014 RTL

As some will note, I have periodically posted the mileage and tread depth readings on my Quadtrac5 tires. This is just and update to those posts.
    Note new tires are 10/32s

Front tires are 175/55/R15 running 15/16 PSI.
    Tread depth measured horizontally across the tires in the 3 main grooves is currently 8/32s in each groove.
    Tires now have 17,743 miles on them.

Rear tire is 205/60/R15 running 18 PSI.
    Tread depth measured horizontally across the tire in the 3 main grooves is currently 6-5-6 32s. In earlier posts I may have shown 4 grooves across, due to not thinking on my data sheet when copying from the Kenda data to my new tires in earlier posts.
    This Tire now has 17,369 miles on it.

note we "always" ride 2 up.....and Blueknight911 knows "we push the envelope on "total weight allowance"
    I try and hold 70-75 PSI in the AOC via Shrader Valve under seat.

Again, just sharing data.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update .... The rear is wearing a bit faster but that is pretty much normal for Spyders .... especially the RT ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default tire wear data - my record of measurements

Periodically, I have posted the wear measurements for the Verdestein Quatrac5 tires on our 2014 RTL spyder.
    I only do this as information showing OUR experience - yours may vary based on many factors
    Oh Yeh........we always ride 2 up...and at the "Recommended" maxweight limit
    OK.........now

Tire pressures front and rear are run at.... 17 PSI fronts and 18 PSI rear.
    Spyder OD reads 56,872 today.

The front tires are 175x55xR15 from tire rack, mounted on rims by local tire dealer. 03/23/19 at 26,676 Spyder miles.
    Tires currently have 30,196 miles on them. Tread depths in 32nds measured 3 places across each tire are 7/8/7 on the left and 8/8/7 on the right.

The rear tire is 205x60x15 from tire rack, mounted by motorcycle dealer (all major brands, who will do ANY work requested, including tire changes!) while doing requested annual maintenance work plus a few other items I wanted done. 10/27/21.
    A VERY professional dealer to work with. 100 mi away, but it was/is worth it !
    OD read 50,575 at tire install. Tire currently has 6297 miles on it. Tread depth reads all 8s in three places across the tread.

Hope this is useful tire info for someone.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    Periodically, I have posted the wear measurements for the Verdestein Quatrac5 tires on our 2014 RTL spyder.
    I only do this as information showing OUR experience - yours may vary based on many factors
    Oh Yeh........we always ride 2 up...and at the "Recommended" maxweight limit
    OK.........now

Tire pressures front and rear are run at.... 17 PSI fronts and 18 PSI rear.
    Spyder OD reads 56,872 today.

The front tires are 175x55xR15 from tire rack, mounted on rims by local tire dealer. 03/23/19 at 26,676 Spyder miles.
    Tires currently have 30,196 miles on them. Tread depths in 32nds measured 3 places across each tire are 7/8/7 on the left and 8/8/7 on the right.

The rear tire is 205x60x15 from tire rack, mounted by motorcycle dealer (all major brands, who will do ANY work requested, including tire changes!) while doing requested annual maintenance work plus a few other items I wanted done. 10/27/21.
    A VERY professional dealer to work with. 100 mi away, but it was/is worth it !
    OD read 50,575 at tire install. Tire currently has 6297 miles on it. Tread depth reads all 8s in three places across the tread.

Hope this is useful tire info for someone.
    Thanks again for your diligence to keep us informed ..... from what I read the fronts should last FOREVER !!!!!!. The rear has way more wear, but I think 30,000 mi. + is doable. ... I think the Vredestein's start at 10/32 depth ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks again for your diligence to keep us informed ..... from what I read the fronts should last FOREVER !!!!!!. The rear has way more wear, but I think 30,000 mi. + is doable. ... I think the Vredestein's start at 10/32 depth ...... Mike
    10/32 is correct for starting tread depth.
    By the way.......I notice I missed an interum rear tire install prior to the one I reported (info on the reported current tire is correct)

I had replaced the original Kenda rear at 12,111 miles before our first long trip on the spyder. just cautious about a new ride (Spyder).
    I replaced that second Kenda tire with the first rear Quatrac5 at 27,039 miles, so the second Kenda only lasted 14,928 miles (and it was down to wear limits for sure).
    This first rear Quatrac5 tire was replaced at the noted earlier miles of 50,575. That first rear Quatrac 5 tire went 23,536 miles before I replaced it on 10/27/21 as noted originally.
    I apologize for not getting it complete the first time around, and I hope this is clear enough and helpful for others to see the real mileage results from my tire swaps so far.
    Our Spyder will never see Kenda tires again !!
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on (MY) Verdestein QUATRAC5 tire wear Yours may vary

In the past I have periodically reported on the tire wear I was getting on our 2014RTL Spyder with the Tires recommended by "Blueknight911" at the time........ The Quatrac5 to be exact.

The last 2 years have not been good (for various reasons) for our "total accumulated riding mileage numbers", but yesterday I went out and measured the tread depths on the front and rear Q5 tires as I have always done periodically with the old Kendas and the new Q5s.
    We ARE going for 2 weeks (to Oregon and CA coast - and back) but who knows if even that will hold.
    That history is in the earlier posts by me, but here is the latest data I recorded. Hope it helps someone in some way.
    Incidently, we always ride "2 up" (or I'm told I can't go !! - just kidding Marci).

Summary: New Q5 Fronts were installed 3/23/19. Now have 32,590 miles on them and reading 7 or 8/32s across the tread in multiple readings.
    New Q5 Rear installed 10/27/21. Now have 8,691 miles on it and reading all 8/32s across the tread in multiple places.
    Tire pressure is 17/18 psi fronts and 18 psi rear.

Again... just reporting my results. Hope you have a SAFE and FUN summer/fall season
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-12-2023 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Copied title for merged threads ;-)
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Have fun, sounds like you will pass thru my area (Coos Bay) on your way south
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

Everyone here Should thank-you for that up-date .... I'm impressed, especially considering it has possibly the best Wet & Dry traction ratings. It also has a softer ride feel .... good luck .... give my best to Marci ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Quatrac5 tire wear update

FWIW I had 22,324 miles on my rear when it was changed.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I had a lady on a FB spyder page tell me yesterday how wrong I was for having "car" tires on the front of my Spyder! Some just like to drink the Kenda Koolaid!

Was it Susan? There are a few on the forums that no matter what you tell them, they know it all.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Actually those numbers are directly from the manufacturer .... but you have it backwards - a smaller tire will have MORE revs per mile NOT LESS ... example how many revs per mile for farm tractor tire that is 8 ft. tall , a lot less than a car tire 2 ft. tall ..... the difference in % will be almost negligible .... according to your numbers the difference is 7.6 inches this is the ONE MILE difference ..... good luck ...Mike