Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Help needed with right-side switch cluster for '14 RT-L

My sister sent me a message this morning. Her Butler cup swung a little too fast, a little too hard, smacked into the cruise control switch. From the picture she sent me and what her husband described, the 'rails' inside the housing that the switch slides in might be broken.

I know the usual solution is to replace the entire housing, but 1) it's very expensive and 2) there is a LONG backlog on parts.

Does anybody here have one sitting on a shelf? Or do you possibly know of a CanAm salvage yard that might have one?
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

IMO, slim chance one of those would be sitting on an owner's shelf or in some parts yard. Sometimes bullets have to be bitten. Cheap Cycle parts has Housing Switch, PN710003921, $449.99 in stock according to their web site, https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...tem-front-view.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Jay, that's what we have found so far. We were hoping there might be some leads on a salvage yard, too.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Thanks, Jay, that's what we have found so far. We were hoping there might be some leads on a salvage yard, too.

Do the same thing I would have to do to give you any suggestions, a Google search for motorcycle salvage. Check eBay also. Lots of parts on there.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I did an eBay search yesterday and came up with zilch. IMO, the most important mandatory characteristic of the Housing Switch is 100% reliability. Yes, one might find a replacement from a salvage yard but what are the odds of doing so and at what price, both in terms of the item itself and the dollar value of the time to replace? Unfortunately the OP's sister's problem is one we all face once our warranty runs out; ergo, my comment about the bullet.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Does anybody here have one sitting on a shelf? Or do you possibly know of a CanAm salvage yard that might have one?
    There was a recent post from someone with a wrecked Spyder that he was 'parting out'.

Maybe someone else can find that thread because I've been unable to...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    There was a recent post from someone with a wrecked Spyder that he was 'parting out'.

Maybe someone else can find that thread because I've been unable to...
    It's for a 2010 RT, but maybe....

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hlight=parting
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!