Spyder Garage

Default Kenda Kanine Tires ~ First Impressions

Took a 200 mile trip to have NETZLEY TIRE a install rear Kenda Kanine tire. Can't say enough good things about Netzley. You say who would drive 200 miles to have the rear tire mounted. All the local dealers up here in central Mass are booked thru mid July. Almost all of them are short handed. Did find a local shop to do the install, but they appeared to work on mostly Harleys, so I was a bit skeptical and the person that works the phone wanted the my Spyder for 4 days to see when they could squeeze it in. With me participating in 2 Grand Tours, GLMC Scenic Byways and TeamStrange's Butt Lite 2021, the Catskills was a perfect place to pick up some points and it is nice riding down there.

I had the front Kanines installed up here by a friend who does motorcycle tires, but he just didn't want to get involved with the rear. (sigh)

With all of that said my impressions of the Kanine's are ....

Spyder seems to firmly grounded. I might call my initial reaction the Spyder seemed a bit heavier, with a bit more positive input by me versus the OEM's. The Catskills has plenty of twisty roads which to test these sneakers out. They performed flawlessly and very predicable in the twisties, easy to maneuver thru the turns especially when it came to S Curves. I have been running OEM Kenda's for the last 66,000 miles so my last impression of the OEM were on well worn tires. Not bald but well worn. These felt light compared to the Kanines and at times having to correct a bit too much input by me. It is my understanding the Kanines are a harder compound to extend the life of the tires, so that could be part of the difference. Did get to ride in the rain as well (at times it was coming down in a steady flow, the cats were coming down, the dogs were still resting) and the Kanine's performed with predictability and with out hydroplaning.

Overall I am pleased with tires. I acquired the tires from Lamonster Garage, who was also a pleasure to deal with.

Willie

If interested I posted Day 1 of my 3 day trip to FB at >>> https://www.facebook.com/nomad.willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I just bought a set of Kanines, but haven't installed them yet.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

Dealers here in my part of Maine are booked until August.
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the review of the Kanines. There hasn't been enough info on them yet, so please post again after you get some mileage on them.
    As to Netzley Tire, well in my opinion, your glowing review of them is only half of what they richly deserve. They do more than tires and are phenomenal to work with.
    I can only offer another hearty recommendation.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Are Kenda Kanine tires for the front of a Spyder directional? Can they be run opposite of the tread design? I found on a website indicating that it did not have a directional arrow. To me the tires look directional.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sfcarn View Post
    Are Kenda Kanine tires for the front of a Spyder directional? Can they be run opposite of the tread design? I found on a website indicating that it did not have a directional arrow. To me the tires look directional.
    I don't think the TREAD pattern can always be relied upon to indicate whether they are directional or not .... However " arrow " symbols are put on tires per D.O.T. regs, that are directional, the same as traction and temperature ratings...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sfcarn View Post
    Not a clue
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

My local dealer will only install OEM Kenda's, the good news is I have an independent shop very close by that will do the tire change, the bad news is that the Vredestein's I ordered on May 24th from Vulcan Tire still don't have shipping tracker info yet I got the Kumho ECSTA in a few days from Discount Tire.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lucky you to find someone that will install something other than a 'Kenda'. Dealers are totally 'caught up' in the Kenda brand web.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Lucky you to find someone that will install something other than a 'Kenda'. Dealers are totally 'caught up' in the Kenda brand web.
    The service writer I was speaking to was actually upset that I was going to install something other than the OEM tire, it truly was a weird conevrsation.

And then how can any caring, concerned service writer support The Kenda OEM tire when it's essentially shot at 6,000 miles?

64366938652__F0D3ECFF-F5D0-4140-AC49-D5D44AA2A508.jpg
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hear you brother.

Spyder Garage

That tire looks better than mine at 4500 miles!

Spyder Garage

Tech at dealer in Durham, NC told me you bring the tires we'll put them on. Waiting to put a couple thousand more miles on the Kendas until I replace with car tires. Doing a trip to Maine this fall, hope to have them on by then.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, buy those guys coffee and donuts as a bonus......Maybe I could have tires drop shipped when I'm ready and take a leisure ride from Florida. :>)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slick51 View Post
    Tech at dealer in Durham, NC told me you bring the tires we'll put them on. Waiting to put a couple thousand more miles on the Kendas until I replace with car tires. Doing a trip to Maine this fall, hope to have them on by then.
    Maine in the FALL .... Make sure you do two things Mt. Washington Toll rd. ( goes to the Top ) and Acadia National park ..... Also I have hosted many Spyderlovers for stays of a couple days to a week. So PM me if your interested .... You'd better be thinking Sept ... In Oct we have gotten SNOW ...... Mike