Spyder Garage

Default Driver seat - can't get it back on! Help!?!

BE14FF09-0F30-47AC-B9FC-D171AFC9B640.jpegI may have made a bone headed move. I removed the original driver’s seat to help me with another install. Now I can’t get the dang seat back on. The back foam tabs keep popping out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I will try to explain how I have done mine. You have the long bolts that go through and starting threading into the nut that keeps slipping. I put a piece of painters tape on the outside of the nut to hold it in place and slowly started threading the bolt. I've done this a bout 3-4 times now. Works good. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I’ve added a picture. I don’t believe I need to get to any screws, unless I have to take the entire seat off.

Spyder Garage

If memory serves me, the service manual says to squeeze the tabs using the large foldable paper clips.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver28 View Post
    BE14FF09-0F30-47AC-B9FC-D171AFC9B640.jpegI may have made a bone headed move. I removed the original driver’s seat to help me with another install. Now I can’t get the dang seat back on. The back foam tabs keep popping out. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    From that picture it looks like the trails of that seat have to be in the slots below the tabs!! So the only way that is going to happen is remove the pad enough so you can get them started in those rails! The seat must come apart from the front and slide forward to take apart!! Good luck! The seats got to come off and be reinstalled in the seat pan!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

If you have the max mount the paper clip method won't work. The only way to get that back on is to split the clamshell, raise it 5 inches and pop the seat on. It sounds like a lot of work but it's not. Job can be completed in 45 min. 15 min to open shell, 15 for seat and 15 to put it back together. You already spent more time trying to figure it out lol.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. The clamshell was the way to go. It was more work since I really didn't know what I was doing. I did watch Bill R's video, but things are never as easy as it looks in the video. I've learned my lesson on this one!