Spyder Garage

Default Removing Panels from 2021 Canam RT-S2S

Attention Spyder lovers,

I got really brave today and decided to watch a couple of videos on removing the panels from the 2021 RT. I have seen them before, but was scared I would break something. ( Tupperware ). LOL. I removed the three on the right side and the one in front just below the windshield. I wanted to run my 12v for my Garmin GPS into the Frunk from the glovebox. I did drill a hole in the back of the Frunk so I could fish the wire up through the glove box. Success. I even put back all the panels and nothing fell off then I went for a ride afterwards. I almost forgot to put back the three push pins. I remembered just in time.
    The only difference is that by running the Garmin wire into the back of the glovebox, I have the wire stick out the front of the box and I still close the box over the wire. It doesn't hurt it at all. It's a heavy wire. I can also use it with the box unlocked and the Garmin still sitting on top with the suction cup. It doesn't interfere with my reading the dash board. It's just underneath.

Motogordo
    Last edited by Motogordo; 06-04-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Got to Love a Success story! Congrats to you.

I felt the same as you when I first got my 2014 RT a few months back. I watched many many videos before attempting anything, let alone the Tupperware removal. Once I did it though, it was a piece of cake afterwards.

My first install was a 12v plug just beneath the RH speaker, and then ran the wire the same as you had, with a hole in the frunk. Even worked well. I was a happy camper. Even more happier that I didn't break anything coming off or putting back on, and no pieces left over.

I felt like a real pro!

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on a job well done. Seems like the big fear is the Tupperware breaking. I would hate to have to buy the bottom piece on the right side. U mounted a 12 volt receptacle next to the speaker through the the plastic ? I thought about that. Right now I will leave it where it is. Maybe someday I will find a reason to move it. I am still looking for a cup holder for the handlebars.