Spyder Garage

Default Interested in forming Can-Am Ryders Group in Central Illinois/Springfield?

If you would be interested in discussing the forming of a Can-Am Ryders Group/Club situated in Springfield, Illinois and the surrounding area of Central Illinois please PM me.

I've discussed the idea with a few others and Jason at World of Power Sports here in Springfield. World Power Sports is willing to sponsor the group.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow ryders.

Spyder Garage

Look up usspyderryders.com and look up "Start a Chapter." Contact Dave Van Verth on FB. US Spyder Ryders offers quite a bit of support and they have a lot of chapters throughout the country.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I already have. You can not do anything about officially forming a chapter with any of the national groups UNTIL you have a sufficient number of ryders interested in doing the process whether its a chapter of a national group like US SpyderRyders, SpyderRydersofAmerica, Sypderlovers, etc.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTribble View Post
    If you would be interested in discussing the forming of a Can-Am Ryders Group/Club situated in Springfield, Illinois and the surrounding area of Central Illinois please PM me.

I've discussed the idea with a few others and Jason at World of Power Sports here in Springfield. World Power Sports is willing to sponsor the group.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow ryders.

Sadly, it seems us Illinois ryders are spread far and few between. We're growing though.

I'm in Southern Illinois, 2 hours SouthWest of Springfield, and I know there is a Metro-East ( meaning St. Louis-Belleville area ) group that I have heard of. Not sure how active they are at this moment though since Co-Vid hit. If we were closer we would surely be willing to join and participate . Always nice meeting new people.

Best of luck with your endeavors.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I already have. You can not do anything about officially forming a chapter with any of the national groups UNTIL you have a sufficient number of ryders interested in doing the process whether its a chapter of a national group like US SpyderRyders, SpyderRydersofAmerica, Sypderlovers, etc.
    That's not necessarily true. You just need three officers from two different families to start. You and your wife and a third person. Or, you and another couple. If you start a chapter, you'll be surprised how many Spyders are in your area. I've been involved in two start-up chapters with the US Spyder Ryders and it's been pretty rewarding.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

BioRick,

Are you South of St Louis?

I contacted the Metro East but haven't heard back yet. There website doesn't have anything posted for the near future. It's about 90 minutes from me, depending on where the meet up location is but I'd be willing to ride that far occasionally.

Where's your closest Can-Am dealer? You might check with them about how many can-ams they have sold and are servicing and see if you can have them contact them about possible interest. I was at mine and ran into a guy in the parking lot. We struck up a conversation and i learned he was a new Ryker owner who only rode once a week. After sharing with him about seeking to form the new group he was excited and told me he was in but we still need a few more before we can begin.

I'm retired Army so I will be riding down to Bellville occasionally after I get my bike next week. Might see you if you're in the area.

Spyder Garage

Im in Northern Illinois and would like to join you guys, but it's a little far. I could trailer down once in while maybe.

Spyder Garage

Cooperman,

It takes a minimum of 3 people to form an incorporated organization in every US State which would serve as the organizational officers. Some of the organizations indicated they wanted more people to be members to show the group's viability. On unofficial group requires on 2 so my statement was that you have to have a 'Sufficient Number of ryders willing to form the group so 2 to whatever.

Best wishes - Richard

Spyder Garage

Cooperman,

Just to Clarify: It takes a minimum of 3 people to form an incorporated organization in every US State which would serve as the organizational officers. US Spyder Ryders requires 3 as you mentioned from at least 2 family units.

Some of the organizations indicated they prefer a potential group to have more than 3 people to be members in order to show the potential group's viability before consideration.

An unofficial or non-affiliated group requires only 2 people.

My statement was that you have to have a 'Sufficient Number of ryders willing to form the group, so 2 to whatever number is required for starting a chapter by the national organization requires a "Sufficient Number", wouldn't you agree.

Best wishes - Richard

Spyder Garage

myrz,

Illinois is a long state to be sure.

How far North of Springfield are you?

Once I'm fully licensed I wouldn't mind riding or trailering up. Maybe some others would too. We'll have to see.

Best wishes - Richard

Spyder Garage

BioRick,

I contacted the Metro East but haven't heard back yet. There website doesn't have anything posted for the near future. It's about 90 minutes from me, depending on where the meet up location is but I'd be willing to ride that far occasionally.

Where's your closest Can-Am dealer? You might check with them about how many can-ams they have sold and are servicing and see if you can have them contact them about possible interest. I was at mine and ran into a guy in the parking lot. We struck up a conversation and i learned he was a new Ryker owner who only rode once a week.

Yes, I am approx. 1 hour SE of St. Louis, and Belleville 35 minutes, give or take a few minutes.

I too had seen the Metro East Ryders Club and did not see any updates. My only guess would be, due to the pandemic their events have been put on hold. I'll keep checking for future updates.

We are weekends riders here as well. My usual encounters of other riders generally happen while out and about, at shopping centers, etc. Always glad to see other Spyder / Ryker Ryders, and chat with, if I get the chance.

I am finding just by being visual, the curiosity of others, and of the Can Am world, people are becoming more and more interested and seem to make it a point to strike up a conversation. My Spyder loves the attention!

The more I learn, the more I can share with others. AND..... possibly the more riders we have in our area.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by myrz View Post
    Im in Northern Illinois and would like to join you guys, but it's a little far. I could trailer down once in while maybe.

My feelings exactly! I'm originally from Joliet, now living in Southern Illinois. We riders are here, just many of us are from afar. Someday, our paths may cross. Until then............ENJOY!

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

BioRick,

Where's your closest Can-Am dealer? You might check with them about how many can-ams they have sold and are servicing and see if you can have them contact them about possible interest. I was at mine and ran into a guy in the parking lot. We struck up a conversation and i learned he was a new Ryker owner who only rode once a week. After sharing with him about seeking to form the new group he was excited and told me he was in but we still need a few more before we can begin.

I'm retired Army so I will be riding down to Bellville occasionally after I get my bike next week. Might see you if you're in the area.
    I bought my 14 RT at Holzaur (? spelling ) motorsports which is located about 30mi southeast of St. Louis. .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I bought my 14 RT at Holzaur (? spelling ) motorsports which is located about 30mi southeast of St. Louis. .... Mike

Mike, Holzhauers is my neighboring town Dealer. How long ago did you purchase your 2014?

Just curious as I occasionally checked their website for Spyders long before I purchased mine. Yes, Located in Nashville, Il. 25 miles NE of my home..... and 55 miles ( most direct route on I-64 to Rt 127 ) from St. Louis.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    Mike, Holzhauers is my neighboring town Dealer. How long ago did you purchase your 2014?

Just curious as I occasionally checked their website for Spyders long before I purchased mine. Yes, Located in Nashville, Il. 25 miles NE of my home..... and 55 miles ( most direct route on I-64 to Rt 127 ) from St. Louis.
    In April of 2014 .... paid $4000.00 less than MSRP ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    In April of 2014 .... paid $4000.00 less than MSRP ..... Mike
    You definitely got a sweet deal!

I wasn't sure how long they have been selling Can Ams. I purchased a vehicle from them years ago, as they also have their Holzhauer Auto Dealership at the same location, but I never had an interest in Spyders back then. I know they sell quite a few ATVs.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I would be interested in joining and help getting a chapter started if that is needed. I am located in New Athens Illinois about 2 hrs from Springfield. I like to ride so the distance doesn't bother me I like the idea of having a Illinois chapter of Spyder Ryders. As far as I know the Metro East Spyder Ryders current president is moving to Kentucky and asked if anyone wanted to take over and lead the group. I'm not interested in leading but I am willing to help and assist anyone who has the desire to do it. I like being a part of the support staff more then being the leader. Feel free to reach out to me here or by e-mail at nafd4001@sbcglobal.net Lets get this chapter up and running!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

myrz,

Illinois is a long state to be sure.

How far North of Springfield are you?

Once I'm fully licensed I wouldn't mind riding or trailering up. Maybe some others would too. We'll have to see.

Best wishes - Richard
    I'm all the way North. lol . i'm in Freeport which is 30 miles west of Rockford.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Central Illinois Spyder Ryders

We aren't a formal club. but we have this FB group of spyder ryders in central Illinois. Feel free to join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/268030723549867

Spyder Garage

I'm in Creal Springs Illinois SE from Marion. Be interested in getting with other Spyder riders to compare riding experience, equipment, etc.

2020 RTL, and need to schedule first oil change, and probably have done at Nashville IL.
    2020 RTL
    Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I was wondering what happened to the group; after Covid they seemed to disappear. We are in Belleville and ride on weekends when we can. Still learning since we got our 2020 Spyder. We like the back roads here, out to Sparta etc….