Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Whatever I need to be dressed in when I get to where I am going, plus a helmet.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Whatever I need to be dressed in when I get to where I am going, plus a helmet.
    Are you headed for a nudist colony??

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Make sure and use sunscreen on sensitive areas…
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Maybe!
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

July 9, 2021
    I must admit that I wear the same clothes as I would driving in my car in the summer. Short sleeve shirt, shorts and sneakers. Of course I hope that I have no accidents. I did notice that many of the cycle riders I see are wearing long shirts and jeans, which does make sense if there is an accident. Most of them are two wheelers. I haven't even seen any Spyders lately on the roads in South Jersey. I wonder why ? There is a Canam dealer only 20 minutes from me in Bensalem, Pa. ( East Coast Cycle Center )

Spyder Garage

I dress in anticipation of a crash. Full gear plus a Alpinestar TechAir 5 vest. On a recent trip a deer took off my right hand mirror and bent the throttle bar. Lucky to have been on 3 wheels. The only consolation I made was heavy cotton work pants instead of my moto pants in lieu of the heat in the Southwest. Not sure they were any cooler as the moto pants are mesh but have knee and hip padding plus abrasion resistance.

Spyder Garage

just got back from trip starting in KY then to FL around gulf coast to Mexico border and back to KY. dress of the day- shorts, t- shirt, light shoes, sunblock, rain gear when needed and helmet, but that’s just me….

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    July 9, 2021
    I must admit that I wear the same clothes as I would driving in my car in the summer. Short sleeve shirt, shorts and sneakers. Of course I hope that I have no accidents. I did notice that many of the cycle riders I see are wearing long shirts and jeans, which does make sense if there is an accident. Most of them are two wheelers. I haven't even seen any Spyders lately on the roads in South Jersey. I wonder why ? There is a Canam dealer only 20 minutes from me in Bensalem, Pa. ( East Coast Cycle Center )
    We had a HD go past us yesterday. They were dressed for the temperatures. She...a bikini and flip flops, him...shorts no shirt and flip flops. Of course, no helmets. To each their own. Everyone determines their own ride risk.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    July 9, 2021
    I haven't even seen any Spyders lately on the roads in South Jersey. I wonder why ? There is a Canam dealer only 20 minutes from me in Bensalem, Pa. ( East Coast Cycle Center )
    I was in the Barrens the past 2 Sundays. Loops from Middletown down thru Bass River, Sweetwater & Shamong. We avoid the denser populations near you. Lots of quiet roads east of you.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

If I'm honest I would say I believe in STGMTT, Some of The Gear, Most of The Time. I always were a helmet, always wear long pants (jeans) and almost always wear gloves (even if they are fingerless). Most of the time I wear shortie motorcycle boots, an armored jacket, and sometimes leather chaps. When it gets over about 85 degrees, I might wear a nylon long sleeve shirt that allows maximum airflow, and might skip the gloves. I might even skip the boots and just wear sneakers. But never shorts, and never without at least a t-shirt on my upper body.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    This might seem like a weird question, but a lot of things are new to me when I started riding my Spyder. All years of riding Harleys another two wheelers, I always dressed for the slide and not the ride, which included jeans and heavy boots. The spider seems like a different animal simply because I see people wearing more casual clothing. How do you dress when your ride? I still intend to go full bore on long highway rides.
    Bike gear always. Ride for the slide not the ride or something like that
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Guess I’m one of the goofy ones lol. running shoes, half gloves, tie shirt, shorts, but always have. Helmet on it’s the law here in Canada ����. when we were in the state’s where you didn’t have to wear them (helmets) wife and I tried it and just couldn’t do it didn’t feel safe whatsoever getting hit with bugs didn’t help neither lol. was hit by a car years ago and I’m thankful the lid was on. so guess I’m saying I’m comfortable riding with whatever I have on as long as the old brain is protected. keep the rubber side down and ride safe.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2022 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spaces .

Spyder Garage

I always feel over dressed when I'm out riding. full face helmet, mesh jacket, jeans and boots. I see order drives in t-shirts and shorts

Spyder Garage

I dress for the temps, but would not in any case wear shorts!!! All I can picture is a bee up my shorts and the damage that would come from that!!!! Helmet, shoes, jeans, shirt long or short depending on weather, jacket and sweat shirt ready in the frunk! I will admit it has been fun to read!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

When I was 19, cut up shirt, shorts and no helmet. I’m 53 now with young kids so I gear up. Sucks during really hot days.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m comfortable riding with whatever I have on as long as the old brain is protected.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

ATGATT.
    If you are hit, deer, car, etc, you are probably going to be leaving your ride. Better prepared for the slide. I wear a modular helmet, Tourmaster Draft jacket (liner for colder weather), gloves, jeans, boots (ankle or calf depending on where I an riding).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickG View Post
    ATGATT.
    If you are hit, deer, car, etc, you are probably going to be leaving your ride. Better prepared for the slide. I wear a modular helmet, Tourmaster Draft jacket (liner for colder weather), gloves, jeans, boots (ankle or calf depending on where I an riding).
    The thing about this topic is there is no absolute right or wrong answer, it all boils down to your own personal risk assessment and tolerance.

I have gotten way more relaxed concerning ATGATT since moving to the Spyder which frankly still surprises myself about myself as I have always been adamant about full ATGATT whether off-road, dual sport or on road riding while on two wheels. I wear regular denim blue jeans with no outer protective pants when riding the Spyder, but I just want to say if you think you are full ATGATT and you are wearing denim jeans you are not ATGATT. So if your goal is to be ATGATT but want to wear blue jeans investigate protective motorcycle jeans, places like Revzilla has a ton of variety in all types of styles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    The thing about this topic is there is no absolute right or wrong answer, it all boils down to your own personal risk assessment and tolerance. I have gotten way more relaxed concerning ATGATT since moving to the Spyder
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

The thing about this topic is there is no absolute right or wrong answer, it all boils down to your own personal risk assessment and tolerance.

I have gotten way more relaxed concerning ATGATT since moving to the Spyder which frankly still surprises myself about myself as I have always been adamant about full ATGATT whether off-road, dual sport or on road riding while on two wheels. I wear regular denim blue jeans with no outer protective pants when riding the Spyder, but I just want to say if you think you are full ATGATT and you are wearing denim jeans you are not ATGATT. So if your goal is to be ATGATT but want to wear blue jeans investigate protective motorcycle jeans, places like Revzilla has a ton of variety in all types of styles.
    Right on. x2 There is no ONE perfect answer. People are going to do what they are going to do. At 75, I have run the gamut. Gone from full ATGATT to dress for a comfortable ride...but not to much body part exposure. I ALWAYS wear boots, gloves, and helmet.

Regarding others...your ride is your ride. Enjoy it and be safe.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

. . . but I just want to say if you think you are full ATGATT and you are wearing denim jeans you are not ATGATT. So if your goal is to be ATGATT but want to wear blue jeans investigate protective motorcycle jeans, places like Revzilla has a ton of variety in all types of styles.
    Spot on with both these statements;

On the issue of blue jeans; I mentioned this in another very recent thread on ATGATT. In the event you are separated from your Spyder; at 70mph denim will wear through in 0.3 seconds when sliding on pavement. Considering that 70mph is 102ft/sec. make you own decision on how much beyond 0.3 sec or 30 feet you want your skin being scraped away by the pavement. Rest assured, you will not stop sliding in that first 30 feet.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just to clear the air (hopefully) I’m not opposed to ATGATT or if that’s your thing, but what I am opposed to is the seemingly bombardment of some members INSISTING that I “dress for the slide” and that I’m being stupid if I don’t. I don’t know how you feel about it, but this constant “bombardment” in my mind is a form of censorship (correct me if I’m wrong, but censorship is against forum rules). I dress the way I want to, and it is NOT anyone else’s business as long as I’ve broken NO laws. It doesn’t matter whether you APPROVE or not! Just my 2 cents on the subject. Wear what you want and enjoy the ride!

This used to be a pretty laid back site. Now I’m not so sure!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    I’m not opposed to ATGATT if that’s your thing, but what I am opposed to is the seemingly bombardment of some members INSISTING that I “dress for the slide” and that I’m being stupid if I don’t. I dress the way I want to, and it is NOT anyone else’s business... It doesn’t matter whether you APPROVE or not! Wear what you want and enjoy the ride!
    Exactly. I enjoy a free exchange of INFORMATION and IDEAS about how others gear up under what weather, road, etc conditions and why.

But, it's of little value when ATGATT'ers insist that's the only way anyone should gear up, under any conditions, no matter what.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Just to clear the air (hopefully) I’m not opposed to ATGATT or if that’s your thing, but what I am opposed to is the seemingly bombardment of some members INSISTING that I “dress for the slide” and that I’m being stupid if I don’t. I don’t know how you feel about it, but this constant “bombardment” in my mind is a form of censorship (correct me if I’m wrong, but censorship is against forum rules). I dress the way I want to, and it is NOT anyone else’s business as long as I’ve broken NO laws. It doesn’t matter whether you APPROVE or not! Just my 2 cents on the subject. Wear what you want and enjoy the ride!

This used to be a pretty laid back site. Now I’m not so sure!
    From a moderator:

Any time we have a discussion of ATGATT, the proponents of it do have their say. Sometimes it does go a bit overboard, sometimes it seems threatening as to what may happen if you don't, and then we have the live and let live people. (Do what you want, it's your ride). I am in that group. Speak your piece, but don't be hostile about it.

We try to let both sides have their say, and anyone getting out of line, regardless of side, is dealt with accordingly. So far, it has all been "the usual." No one has to agree with everyone. We do NOT have a "company" line concerning ATGATT. We just enforce the site rules.

So far, so good. But, we are watching.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-10-2021 at 04:51 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red