Spyder Garage

Default RT-622 new owner, questions on hubs, stone guards, lids & more??

I'm a proud owner of a new 2 me, 2010 RT-622 Roadster trailer. I love the look and features of this trailer. Have some new bee questions.

I've been browsing some of the other post here and see the part numbers of the bearings and seals.
    Where is the best place to purchase the hub assembly online?
    Where is the best place to purchase just the bearing and seals? And can you get it in a kit instead of ordering individual parts?
    For a replacement hub, will this work? https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...390_200442390? It says it is a highspeed hub 4/4 on 1 inch spindle.

From what i see my tires are the original tires manufactured in 2010, I plan on replacing them. What tires do you run? What is the speed rating? Where is a good place to purchase them?

The front plastic stone guard has a 2 inch cut into the plastic, Where is the best place to get one of these? Is it easy to change?
    Anyone experiment with using Wraps? or truck bed armor like line-x, Herculiner, or Duplicolor Bed liner to help protect the lower front? Love to see pics.
    What about a tail guard (for rear pan) as it looks like it has been dragging the ground some. Some sort of chrome wrap around glue on (or screw on) panel cover that could be replaced would protect that painted section from dragging.. just a thought...

The trailer had been repainted and the previous owner had removed the carpet. After reinstalling the carpet, the carpet won't stay up, needs new velcro type pads to hold the edges up, what is the best thing you've found to hold the carpet edges up? Can replacement carpet be purchased?

The two lids are not quite matching as far as fitment goes, the rear lid is 1/4 inch higher than the front, is there any adjustment on these?

Trailer towing arms rises a couple of inches higher than I need when the trailer is level, does anyone make replacement arms (tube) that are more straighter, less of a bend, than stock? Just curious, if anyone has these already with different rise height in the bar. I know i can get different receiver adapters to adjust the height, but curious otherwise if anyone has just replaced the tube.

I have the Owners Manual, but anyone know where i can just find just the shop repair manual for the RT622 trailer?

Thanks for your time in advance for your advice.

Spyder Garage

Not sure why you want new hubs. If you have the ability and tools, slightly put 2 notches in the oem hubs and drive out the bearing cups, then clean and reuse the hubs.

Possibly ETrailer has quality bearings, cups and seals. Not complicated, simply order what you need. I believe they also have higher rated tires.

I do suggest installing bearing buddies AND buying / using a dedicated for the RT622 grease gun, with grease that matches your wheel bearing grease. Yes, you will need to remove the oem center caps, but the black rubber Bearing Buddy caps look fine.

Unless you are using a tow vehicle, different from a Spyder, the oem trailer tongue is ok. You will be cutting and welding to make changes.

As for the lid misalignment, very likely you need new rubber seals for the lids, and the previous owners possibly tried adjusting the front lid latch.

Doubt you will find the oem paint protection kit. Cruzr Joe has painted several trailers as you describe, using tough paint on the forward areas to prevent chips.

Regarding the droopy carpet, get yourself some 2” wide self stick Velcro. Install it as needed. You can then either use the self stick, or trace around the Velcro on the trailer, not carpet, and then glue the Velcro in place.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The hubs are not standard hubs you can get from a store thatI know of. The bearings and seals you can get over the counter. The BRP hub was around 80 bucks when I got mine.