Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

From Chicago it's a 1 day (~8 hrs saddle time) to St Louis. Arrival in St Louis depends on departure time and Chicago traffic.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I went through this a few years ago and I'll just say it took a lot of wind out of my sails for about a year. That was 11 years ago. I am hoping that with a bit of support he will be okay. I am really hoping I don't have to change many of my plans.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2022 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Caps & spaces.... :-/

Spyder Garage

If not too far along DaVinci is the way to go.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone. So sorry I have been out of touch. My plans to ride Route 66 this year ran into some barriers. Concern for gas prices being just one. I still plan to ride Route 66 again. Hoping for 2023. When I did it in 2015 with my VTX1300S I took 10 days. I started in Kentucky where my daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids live, so I missed the Chicago staring point. I picker 66 up in St Louis. MO. This time I will start at the official starting point. The app I have been reading about can be found at this link: https://www.route66navigation.com/. My 2015 10 day ride was one way. I spent extra time at the Painted desert, Grand Canyon and LA. Otherwise the one way trip could have been done in 7 days easy. The next time (hopefully 2023), I will drive round trip and take my time. One way on Route 66 and the return on the main highways. Again, sorry I missed the follow-up replies. I will keep my eyes opened for questions.

Spyder Garage

Less than a month ago I had the opportunity to follow Rt.66 from Joliet IL to Normal IL. Picked it up just off of I-80 and downtown. mark fairly well. Really great to ride. few spot hard to follow. Sometimes riding a new 2 lane road beside it. Sometime it would be set up for tourist use and sometime disappearing to nature. One time new and old both ran parallel to I-55. Lost it in Normal Ill. Went into town on E.Shelbourne but stopped showing it. Picked it up again south of town on Belch Rd. Had to cut off on to I-74 to head back Home. That was a fun ride. Would have been nice to spend all day on just that one little stretch.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

I will be retired Jan 2023 .So I would like to tag along 0n the 2023 Rt 66 ride. I just need to know the date of the ride as my wife books rv trips in the spring and summer months.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Rodger Fox from Jacksonville, IL organized "Ride for the Relay" to raise money for cancer research. The ride was route 66. It started in Chicago at the Navy pier and ended at the pier in Santa Monica. I don't think he is doing it any longer, Like most of us age got to be a factor. I have done the ride twice and I think we did it in early September. The "Ride for the Relay" website is still up and anyone that wants information could contact Rodger. He has lots of experience on Route 66. The worse weather I ever encountered was a downpour going into Amarillo, TX, other than that we usually had good weather.
    Willie