Spyder Garage

Default A little trip to pay my respects

I took a ride today (05/31/2021) to the WA State Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Medical Lake to pay my respects. Unfortunately, due to technical issues (Me not knowing how to work a simple camera) most of my on foot footage was just that. Footage of my feet. There was also an excellent close up of a bench, my face upside down, lots of sky, the inside of my pocket, and some stuff I won't even hazard a guess at. I was able to hobble together a few minutes of worth while footage. Sorry about that.

While at the cemetery I witnessed something that warmed my heart. There was a woman there with two small children, a boy and a girl. I’m guessing it was Mom and her son and daughter. She was knelt down in front of one of the columbaria and was explaining to her children what the words and abbreviations meant. She was explaining how the dates showed when the person was born and when they died, what their rank and branch of service were, etc. The children stood there and listened intently to what she was explaining to them.

I had to smile knowing there were still parents who wanted their children to know what their county’s history was and the price that was paid instead of trying to erase it.

There were a lot of bikers there and everyone was friendly. It was an unseasonably hot day and I did not pack enough water so a few pit stops were in order. Over all it was a really nice 140+ mile ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uEda6gCSNc
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I enjoyed your video. It caused me to lookup what CT has for veterans cemeteries. There are a couple not too far from me. I'll be paying a visit soon.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector