Spyder Garage

Default Which shocks on a 2014 Spyder RS?

I'm getting interested in a local Spyder, a black 2014 RS. Also considering an RSS from 2016, which would have to be shipped.

I thought the RSS differed from the RS in terms of shock choice, among other things. With the RSS getting the Fox podium. Yet I just read this in a thread here (https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...S-list-price):

"Oh, also I recommend the RS over the RS-S. 2014 gets a lot of the RS-S options added on, which isn't clearly advertised, such as the upgraded Fox Podium shocks. Also, see my cruise control thread regarding "unlocking" the hidden cruise control option on the base RS. So basically, for $3300 more, you're not paying for much more than a snazzy paint job & rims for the RS-S. "

Is this correct? At least in terms of color, I'd rather go with the 2014 RS. It would be great if I didn't have to upgrade front shocks for better performance. Thanks.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdevi493 View Post
    I'm getting interested in a local Spyder, a black 2014 RS. Also considering an RSS from 2016, which would have to be shipped.

I thought the RSS differed from the RS in terms of shock choice, among other things. With the RSS getting the Fox podium. Yet I just read this in a thread here (https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...S-list-price):

"Oh, also I recommend the RS over the RS-S. 2014 gets a lot of the RS-S options added on, which isn't clearly advertised, such as the upgraded Fox Podium shocks. Also, see my cruise control thread regarding "unlocking" the hidden cruise control option on the base RS. So basically, for $3300 more, you're not paying for much more than a snazzy paint job & rims for the RS-S. "

Is this correct? At least in terms of color, I'd rather go with the 2014 RS. It would be great if I didn't have to upgrade front shocks for better performance. Thanks.
    A different fix " for better shocks " is to use the ones from the RT ( the old style adjustable ones ) .... I got them for free , they were take-off's .... I also made Shock Adjuster Brackets ( my design ) and that made the even better ././. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A different fix " for better shocks " is to use the ones from the RT ( the old style adjustable ones ) .... I got them for free , they were take-off's .... I also made Shock Adjuster Brackets ( my design ) and that made the even better ././. Mike
    Thanks Mike. I just need to know which shocks come stock on the 2014 RS. If not the Fox shocks, then I would most likely upgrade to Fox. Or maybe something equivalent. But since you have replied, and are in VT, another question: Whatever Spyder I end up getting will be based in SW Vermont, in Arlington. Are there any shops remotely in that neighborhood that you could recommend for working on Can-Ams? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike. I just need to know which shocks come stock on the 2014 RS. If not the Fox shocks, then I would most likely upgrade to Fox. Or maybe something equivalent. But since you have replied, and are in VT, another question: Whatever Spyder I end up getting will be based in SW Vermont, in Arlington. Are there any shops remotely in that neighborhood that you could recommend for working on Can-Ams? Thanks in advance for your advice.
    The closest dealer is in Rutland ( Last I knew ) .... I'm in Moretown .... if you ever want to ride my area your welcome to stay at my house ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

You're a class guy Mike. With luck (and a used Spyder in hand), I'll hopefully get to meet you and say hello soon. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

You're a class guy Mike. With luck (and a used Spyder in hand), I'll hopefully get to meet you and say hello soon. Thanks!
    Thanks ...." Fjrwillie " ( a member from Mass. ) has said He's coming up sometime in June .... your welcome to join us ..... Mike