Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Info on redesigned Spyder white front drive sprocket?

Does anyone know part number of this redesigned front drive sprocket and when it will be available?
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

New white sprocket #705503239
    Front sprocket paste
    Liqui Moly 20216 LM 48 Assembly Paste
    2019 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

PN 705503239. BRP and Cheap Cycle Parts list it at identical price, $114.99. Bolt PN is 250001017, $10.99, both sources. The big question is does BRP have 'em on back order?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Back ordered, tried to get replaced with my new engine but BRP has the back ordered!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dear Mr BRP,

If you want to make sure a loyal customer has a bad taste in their mouth about your product, having parts unavailable for a known a problem forcing your customer to have the very thing they spent their hard earned money on, sitting in a workshop indefinitely, will be very effective indeed.

Is it that the demand for these things is outstripping supply, or are you feeding the only supply into your production line instead, or do you genuinely not give two "tucks". Let us know asap so that we can show our thanks by walking to another brand. I buy new vehicles regularly, but I'm not stupid enough to shell out for a new model that basically has a few bells and whistles and ongoing issues that appear time and time again.

You sell a niche product and you need people like us to keep it alive...

Yours
    Increasingly Frustrated
    -----------------------------------------

Bluewoo - I was lucky, mine was replaced on my 17 RTL a few weeks ago with the new design. I am led to believe they are getting like "hens teeth" to obtain. I hope this is wrong for us all this was my third in 60,000kms
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser37 View Post
    Does anyone know part number of this redesigned front drive sprocket and when it will be available?
    Thanks to everyone for replies and thanks for part number.
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I purchased mine a month ago from dealer. Took 4 days for it to come from BRP on east coast to me on west coast of Canada.
    Not installed yet as getting done at my 30000 km service. So in a few weeks as 28000 km now. 2020 RTL.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Spyder Garage

I did read, from someone who should know, that the new sprocket is not manufactured any differently from the previous sprocket with the exception of the new white coating which is designed to reduce the whistling you get on the 20/21 models. It is certainly worth pursuing further for those who are looking to buy the “new” sprocket with the intent of having it eliminate their “red dust of death” issue. It MAY not solve your red dust concerns on its own......but because it will probably have been installed using the latest correct “paste” and fitment, it may well eliminate your previous issues.......just some food for thought

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Probably, everything else I’ve ordered from them is on back order for months.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I can't believe the Spyders are still having this problem.I passed on a low mileage 2015 because of the front sprocket and output shaft wear.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    I can't believe the Spyders are still having this problem.I passed on a low mileage 2015 because of the front sprocket and output shaft wear.
    I doubt the actual out-put shaft was damaged .... it is much harder that the Sprocket , by design ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

These part number are standard front drive sprocket parts been around for years. I believe this redesigned sprocket thing is a hoax there is no maghic bullet for whine just wishful thinkers.

Spyder Garage

I agree 100% there aint no redesigned sprocket only color maybe. I have the whistle once in a while and a whine between 47 and 54 MPH and at some speeds around 70 - 80 MPH further I think posted photos are photo shopped.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTL1330 View Post
    I purchased mine a month ago from dealer. Took 4 days for it to come from BRP on east coast to me on west coast of Canada.
    Not installed yet as getting done at my 30000 km service. So in a few weeks as 28000 km now. 2020 RTL.
    So are you saying that this is still an issue on the 2020+ year model RT? I was thinking that since the new pulley and paste has been out for a while that it would have been incorporated into the production of the newer ones.
    On another note, I have mine being replaced on 6/15 (the shop is backed up) under warranty. I currently have 24k miles on the bike. I am thinking about having them to install a new belt and idler pulley to help with the slight vibration at certain speeds. Since I have a spot where there is slight damage from a rock, I am thinking now would be a good time to get it all done. The dealer says it would save me about an hour of labor from them doing the install at a later date. The question is, where can I order the vibration dampener and a new belt for my 2016 F3T, or should I just get it from the dealership?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Cheapcycleparts will have the belt and Lamonster will have the vibration dampener.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gedge posted the part number. For me, the sprocket was painted but the splines appear to be the same: can't change much without affecting the fit to the shaft. If there needs to be a wear part, I'd rather replace the sprocket than the shaft.

The sprockets are on back-order from BRP: I've had one ordered for over 3 weeks and counting from my local dealer. That stated, if you have a local dealer, order from them vs Cheap Cycle Parts: I've had better delivered pricing and a lot quicker delivery from my local dealer. Of course, that was probably affected by the nearly-local BRP parts warehouse about 60 miles from the dealer.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Is it an epoxy paint deadening the sound or the paint has an orange peel surface?
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser37 View Post
    I agree 100% there aint no redesigned sprocket only color maybe. I have the whistle once in a while and a whine between 47 and 54 MPH and at some speeds around 70 - 80 MPH further I think posted photos are photo shopped.[/
    So they change the part number and just painted it!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-02-2021 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    So they change the part number and just painted it!
    BRP considers that a major improvement .... they are sure it won't rust now ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-02-2021 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    BRP considers that a major improvement .... they are sure it won't rust now ..... Mike
    But the splines aren't painted....so they can rust....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-02-2021 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

My 18 F3L whistles at 16 to about 24 MPH, and then just goes away. Seems like it comes from the left hand side.

Spyder Garage

Default Is this compatible with 2018 RTL

Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    New white sprocket #705503239
    Front sprocket paste
    Liqui Moly 20216 LM 48 Assembly Paste

Is this new white sprocket backward compatible to 2018 RTL? Cheap Cycle Parts lists a different part no for 2018 RTL. Both have the same description and price.
    2018 RT Limited , USB Ports Added, X-Grip Phone Mount w/switched USB Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rldhs View Post
    Is this new white sprocket backward compatible to 2018 RTL? Cheap Cycle Parts lists a different part no for 2018 RTL. Both have the same description and price.
    ... "backward compatible " ??? I have no idea what that means ..... Just the color change alone would trigger a different part number .... in the beginng of the part finding process on cheapcyleparts.com , you can enter the part number and it will tell you what Spyders use that part ...ie. years and models .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I am not sure where a lot of folks got the idea that the white painted pulley has anything to do with stopping the fretting of the splines. No where that I have seen anything that says that. I hear said, but have not seen, there is a TSB that the white painted stops the whistling noise that is bothersome for some people. So if you are bothered by a whistling noise from your pulley. Sure go ahead and get a white one. If you are in the mistaken believe that a coat of white paint is somehow going to stop the splines from fretting. You are wasting your money.

P.S. If someone can post a copy of the TSB regarding the white pulley. I would like to see it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

But if you have the red rust of death problem, why not go ahead and go for the latest and greatest.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange