Spyder Garage

Default Brake flashers/strobe

Has anyone installed rear brake flashers/strobe lights on the Spyder RT? If so, any issues? Seems like a great safety mod. Are there any drawbacks to doing this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lehrman View Post
    Has anyone installed rear brake flashers/strobe lights on the Spyder RT? If so, any issues? Seems like a great safety mod. Are there any drawbacks to doing this?
    Put a 3rd tail light at top of trunk lid and flasher two years ago on my 2015 RTL. No problem and my wife says it definitely flashes when I apply the brakes.

Spyder Garage

I have a Magic Strobe brake light flasher system that Custom Dynamics used to sell, a plug and play, that has ten different patterns the user can select from and change at will. They stopped selling it because it did not sell as well as the top of trunk lid 3rd brake light. Don't know if someone still sells such a product. I have mine set to what I call the "Wake up, a**hole" pattern, flashes rapidly for six seconds and then is solid brake light.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Not sure but maybe tricled sells one, anyways I have one and would definitely say yes to anyone looking to install one on their bike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have one of those 'top of the trunk' lights on my wife's RT. I also have a slightly-customized license frame from Signal Dynamics. Since they were nice enough to customize the license frame for me (at a wonderful discount ), I went ahead and got one of their brake modulators. It's not my first choice in modulators, but still does a good job. The modulator only flashes the lights on the upper-trunk light and the license frame, none of the others. (Besides the stock lights, I have the 4-piece set from TricLED.)

In my other motorcycles, I use the TailBlazer from Kisan. It has a variable rate that flashes quickly at first to get your attention, then slows down and finally stops. It's not 'plug and play', but with my customized installation, it might not have worked anyway.
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I purchased a few GS-100A tail light strobe modules and installed on 3 of my cars on the center stop lights, work wonderfully. Also I installed on the left stop light only 2013 RT-L so the left will flash when I hit the brake but the right stop light does not. Seem to get people's attention. So far no electrical problem or error reported on any vehicle.
    Cheers!
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback.

Spyder Garage

Default brake flashers/strobe

This is what I have used on all of my bikes; https://www.signaldynamics.com/01004.
    It is not plug and play; however I am very electrically challenged, if I can figure out how to do this I am sure that you will be able to do so also.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I had the Signal Dynamics "Back Off!" brake light modulators on my '06 GL1800. They gave them to me for videoing the installation for them. They worked great, and I left them on for the next owner as I feel they are a significant safety item.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

I put tricled both flashing and bright turn signal lights ... love them only thing you need to be award of the order of the two sets. Make sure you flasher if first. When you install you do not need to turn on your bile the brake lights work without key turned on.