Spyder Garage

Default Looking to purchase a new 2021 Sea to Sky or Spyder RT Limited

I have been reading forum pages here and on other sites and watching You Tube videos on the RT Limited and the Sea to Sky. Not sure which one i will purchase. I saw a review yesterday that a guy did on You tube talking about the seat when one pulls up on it to put gas in the tank how flimsy the seat latch was and about the paint scratching. Surely don't want to buy a bike for 30K that has issue with cheap parts.

I was wonder the RT Limited is priced at $27,299 and the Sea to Sky is priced at $29,799 or so will the dealer come down on the list price of does one need to pay retail? I have seen Spyder's priced on the internet for lower prices in other States but here in Ohio they are much higher but the Sea to Sky is the same nearly all over.

Currently I have a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive true trike which i'm very happy with but looking to retire like to purchase a touring trike. The Honda wing is rather expensive especially the new DCT with a California Side Car trike set.

Les

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Best thing to do is go to your local dealer and look at them (different models of Spyders). Looking in person is better than look at a video. Test drive them if the dealer will let you. If you like one or the other Buy it. You will not be disappointed, and if you are just sell it to get most of your money back the new models sell very pretty fast. Good luck with your research I hope you find something you like.

Not sure where in Ohio you are but if you are in this area you can stop by and talk to Spyder owners and see many Spyder http://www.valueaccessories.net/SEOhioSpyderRyde.htm
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 05-26-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I think you'll find that inventories are pretty thin everywhere and dealers are getting top dollar for everything! At least that was my recent experience when searching for RTL's. I couldn't find a red one in Ohio but then luckily saw one on the website of Honda East in Toledo. They didn't actually have the bike yet, but it was scheduled to arrive sometime in April and wasn't sold yet. The one thing that impressed me is they had NO dealer freight or prep charges! (ask for TJ in Sales). Coming from a 2015 ST Limited, the seat latch mechanism is very similar but the new models have a flimsier hinge since the seat is 2 piece. But it is nice that a passenger can remain seated when filling the tank (which was impossible on the ST). I wasn't concerned about the design but it is a LOT of money and I believe a few things could be improved.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)

Spyder Garage

The 20+ RT seat hinges are pretty flimsy and the seat doesn't lift very high. That makes gassing up and checking the oil a bit tighter but it's certainly not a show-stopper - just inconvenient.
    Lots of folks have bought their Spyders from out of state and had them delivered or flew & drove home. Check other states.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with your shopping. There's always going to be something regardless of the item you're discussing. Weigh it out, your call how much it means and how bad you want it.

Spyder Garage

The only real difference between the RT limited and the sea to sky. Options, ride, design, frame and body - no difference, color is a nice green, semi hard saddle bag inserts and a carry on style suit case with handle and wheels in the Frunk come with it. You do get different wheels (rims) color matched back panel if you want to ride with out the back trunk and color matched mirror front cover and full back trunk and lid. I got the Sea to Sky over the blue one that I wanted, because my wife wanted the green one even though it was more $$. One thing it may hold value a bit better over the limited due to being a year special edition, maybe??
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Call Dennis Dillon in Boise. They have a Sea To Sky on the floor. This year, not seeing any deals. Low inventories, high demand.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Clinton county motor sports had one a couple of weeks ago they had few other spiders on the floor in different colors 937 283 2220

Spyder Garage

I guess I best go out and ride a few see which one I like. I'm kind of leaning on the Limited or the Sea to Sky as I want a touring bike. I know right now everything in short supply

Spyder Garage

Yes indeed