Spyder Garage

Default Installing passenger armrests on F3 Limited - do I lose heated handgrips?

Does anyone know if you are able to keep heated hand grips on when installing OEM passenger armrests? If not what will the passenger hold onto The? The bike is a 2021 F3 limited with the top case. If so did you install them or have them installed? I can't found any information on it.
    2021 Limited , Brake pedal widened Glacial Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

Looked into it on my 2018 F3L and you do lose the heated handrail. My wife decided she would rather have the handrail than armrests. So I saved ~$400.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Ok thanks for the information.

Spyder Garage

I had thought taking advantage of electric installation of the original handrail to install heating on the new armrests.
    Not easy and has not been a very good time to ride but I'll return with the project.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Podhouse

My passenger also lost the heated grips when I installed the BRP am rests on my 2019 F3L. This was ok with her because she didn’t use the heated grips and the arm rests provided a better ride for her. I’m not sure but you may be able to purchase some after market arm rests and still keep the heated grips.

Spyder Garage

Update, I spoke with my dealer about keeping the heated grips. They researched it and called back and said I could keep the heated grips with the armrests. I asked if there was a adapter that needed fitted. He replied no they are meant to go together. So I have a appointment for the first part of August for them to install. I will update after. Thanks for the help.

Spyder Garage

Update 2, Today I took my 2021 spyder F3 limited to have the passenger heated hand grips installed beside the OEM passenger armrests at my local dealership. From my last phone conversation a month and half ago with them this was possible and the appointment was made. Well turns out they can't be installed that way. So we opted to keep the armrests. It is a shame to lose that option. Also had the first service done at 2,300. Service appointments are 2 months out. Ride safe..

Spyder Garage

I didn't lose heated grips on my RT but wife says she has a harder time reaching the grips around the armrests. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Default Heated grips

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    I didn't lose heated grips on my RT but wife says she has a harder time reaching the grips around the armrests. Chris
    Yeah, My handgrips and armrests bolt in the same holes next to the seat. Different models attach diffently. She would probably have the same issue with grabbing the grips too, if it could be attached. My wife said she feels more secure with the armrests. So we will keep them and buy a pair of gloves..lol Thanks for the feedback..