Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rednaxs60 View Post
    $2K to $3K in solid, non-farkle upgrades is no drop in the pan; however, going out for a dinner once a month and dropping $100.00 for a good dinner is easy to do. Do this for the next three years and you have spent some $3600.00 for a great experience, and good memories. Take a once a month dinner and apply this to the ride upgrades for your Spyder and it doesn't seem to be that much, but you and the Mrs will have many great experiences, meet great people and have lots of good memories of your rides together. Upgrades, expensive, experiences - people - memories, priceless.

Cheers
    I agree 100%. My wife and I discuss this all of the time. Life is not about the stuff you buy. It is about the memories you make. As long as the stuff you buy is contributing to those memories in a positive way, then we can justify spending the money. She had never ridden bikes before we got together, and is absolutely loving it, so I am trying to give her the best experience possible. I want to make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable for us both.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
    2004 Harley Davidson V-Rod

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Keeping the Spyder

Yes over the 6+ years of ownership of our 2014 RTS I'm sure I added $3,000 in upgrades and a few farkles. I ryde with a guy who has a beautiful blue '21 RT. With the suspension ,tire, motor upgrades I easily pull away from in in both corners and straight acceleration. Yes, I did have to replace the DESS box and all is good now. The Circuit Yellow stands out on the road along with the lighting ( safety only) mods.

I'm keeping mine. Maybe a few simple upgrades and you can keep a lot $$$ in you pocket.

Lew L:
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Yes over the 6+ years of ownership of our 2014 RTS I'm sure I added $3,000 in upgrades and a few farkles. I ryde with a guy who has a beautiful blue '21 RT. With the suspension ,tire, motor upgrades I easily pull away from in in both corners and straight acceleration. Yes, I did have to replace the DESS box and all is good now. The Circuit Yellow stands out on the road along with the lighting ( safety only) mods.

I'm keeping mine. Maybe a few simple upgrades and you can keep a lot $$$ in you pocket.

Lew L:
    Lew...I see in your signature that you mention the ECU flash. How big of a difference did that make in your performance? I have heard several people talk about it, but I have not spoken to anyone that has personally done it.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
    2004 Harley Davidson V-Rod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wick76 View Post
    Lew...I see in your signature that you mention the ECU flash. How big of a difference did that make in your performance? I have heard several people talk about it, but I have not spoken to anyone that has personally done it.
    Yes I do have a stage 1 flash along with a K & N filter and intake mods with stock exhaust. My butt dyno says about 12 to 15 HP and mid-range torque gains also. It's worth it.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Yes I do have a stage 1 flash along with a K & N filter and intake mods with stock exhaust. My butt dyno says about 12 to 15 HP and mid-range torque gains also. It's worth it. .....
    Just to offer another side of the coin, since my Spyder extended warranty expired unused/needed, I've considered a Stage 1 reflash; price seems reasonable. OTOH when the hooligan monster raises his fun loving head I have to pray out loud that I don't do something stupid. My stock RT can get me in plenty of trouble as is if I don't control myself.

WFIW, at the Deadwood three Wheeler rally in 2018 a BRP factory rep told several of us that a stock RT or F3 was capable of far more performance than most of the owners who've purchased them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-27-2021 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S