Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How do you use your Spyder?

It might sound like a weird question but on the other hand it might be an interesting discussion. I use my Spyder like a second car. Of course I use it for transportation, but also a grocery getter, cruising around town on a nice day and as a vacation transport. I’m not the kind of rider who takes it out once a week for a couple hours and then puts it away. As long as it’s not raining it’s my favorite and major form of transportation. I probably put no more than 10 miles every two weeks on my Honda. No trailer for Darth.

How about you guys?

Spyder Garage

I'm a fair weather rider and a group rider on weekends.
    Also enjoy commuting to the office a few days a week. Mostly work from home.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Purely for pleasure. That doesn't mean infrequently ridden, however. 150-250 miles almost every day weather permits. 10,000 miles since September on local day rides isn't bad. I've run one errand on it and it was a mistake -- almost lost my Zumo because of the change in routine.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Whenever possible. I can always make an excuse to go for a ride, even if it’s just to go to the store or just top off the gas tank.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Whenever possible. I can always make an excuse to go for a ride, even if it’s just to go to the store or just top off the gas tank.
    Wot 'E said!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I ride every chance I get, but in fair weather, for me it's therapy Lovin every kilometer.
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

What RS said. I can always find an excuse to ride even if I have to make one up. Round the block, round the county, round the state, a Grand Tour,PGR events, Groceries,shopping,visiting grandkids, Deadwood rally, group rides( I am the chapter leader for our riding group), trips short(mostly) and long, I did ride to work before retiring, and any other reason I can come up with or no reason. Covid and the broken ankle slowed me down a little last year. I usually do 12,000 to 15,000 miles per year with out really going anywhere very far away.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Wot 'E said!
    X 3. Nice weather, out I go. Being retired has some definite advantages. I’m also a widower, so don’t need permission.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

As my daily driver to and from work or just a quick stop to the store currently. I Live in Las Vegas right now and the weather is getting hot, but as the summer fades in a few months long trips to see what I can see.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

I only go on weekends and sometimes in the evening for 10-15 km. In general, it is more comfortable to go to work by car with music and air conditioning, and in a traffic jam you stand on it like a car.
    We are Russians, God be with us!

Spyder Garage

Our original plan was for it to be her ride while I continued on with the two wheelers for what-ever wind therapy rides we planned. Turns out due to some unforeseen physical problems she is only able to safely and comfortably control the Spyder for about an hour at a time. That means any "in the wind" ride together for more than an hour has us two-up on the Spyder. She gets her turn first while I get to enjoy taking all the pictures like she used to do from the back of the bike. Then we switch and she takes up the camera position as we finish the ride. I do use it frequently for errands that require more carrying capacity than saddlebags and top case on the bike, but not so much I need the car. I also occasionally just like to take the Spyder because Arthur--itis says it's a bad day to hold up a bike.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

To cruise the many country lanes here in the Texas Hill Country... at least 1-2 rides a week, all year round ... it never gets old.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Our original plan was for it to be her ride while I continued on with the two wheelers for what-ever wind therapy rides we planned. Turns out due to some unforeseen physical problems she is only able to safely and comfortably control the Spyder for about an hour at a time. That means any "in the wind" ride together for more than an hour has us two-up on the Spyder. She gets her turn first while I get to enjoy taking all the pictures like she used to do from the back of the bike. Then we switch and she takes up the camera position as we finish the ride. I do use it frequently for errands that require more carrying capacity than saddlebags and top case on the bike, but not so much I need the car. I also occasionally just like to take the Spyder because Arthur--itis says it's a bad day to hold up a bike.

Arthur is the worst one of those Itis boys.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree....Arthur is a bad’n. It was his fault that I gave up 2 wheelin 10 years ago. Been on the RTS-SE6 for mor’n 5 years now!

UNHIJACK

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is my daily driver (34 miles round trip) back and forth over Catoctin mountain between Clover Hill and Middletown as long as there is no precipitation hot or cold. For the bad days I have my 2000 Silverado 1500.
    Took delivery on the 1st week of March and just turned over 3k on a group ride to colonial beach. I tear up the twisties in the mountains and valleys in between Catoctin and South Mountains on the weekends.
    I was thinking of doing some you tube videos due to the great vistas I encounter while riding through there.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    It might sound like a weird question but on the other hand it might be an interesting discussion. I use my Spyder like a second car. Of course I use it for transportation, but also a grocery getter, cruising around town on a nice day and as a vacation transport. I’m not the kind of rider who takes it out once a week for a couple hours and then puts it away. As long as it’s not raining it’s my favorite and major form of transportation. I probably put no more than 10 miles every two weeks on my Honda. No trailer for Darth.

How about you guys?
    I do the same, but I do ride in the rain and the cold since I don't own a cage of any kind. It's either the 2015 RT or the Moto Guzzi. I am retired so getting to work is not an issue and if the weather is ugly I can stay home unless some place I have to be. Rainsuit in the wet and Gerbings gear when it's cold. My wife has a Honda Pilot SUV. I think I have been in it five times so far this year.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
    I ride every chance I get, but in fair weather, for me it's therapy Lovin every kilometer.

43305DBD-3F10-40FB-995A-F175574A97BB.jpeg& Apparently need LOTS of therapy :AFA8019C-C096-4062-A93D-AA3EA6B0CF09.jpg& biscuits 576F85E4-375F-49DA-A1FD-80C4370FECF1.jpeg

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No where rides for me, specific destinations when with the wife. Errands, visits, short stays with the trailer hooked up at various locations. When she's on vacation a lot of back road sight seeing.

Spyder Garage

On mine every chance I get. To work, to play, to shop.......to whatever.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

After using my Goldwing and VTX for practically everything for years (commuting, errands, pleasure, club rides, etc); and clocking more than 200,000 miles, I bought T'Challa primarily for fun. For me, riding in the rain or when it's too hot or too cold is no longer fun. Therefore, I'm now an unashamed fair-weather rider. Due to health issues, I also have no problem trailering to far away destinations to enjoy riding in other areas.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Full time Spyder Rydes

I got my Spyder as a retirement gift to myself 5 years ago. I have enjoyed ryding as much as I'm able.

Love to get out there early mornings and enjoy some 'wind therapy'. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

According to my insurance company since I've retired everything I own is for pleasure.

Honestly I ryde every chance I get and have also been guilty of making up reasons to go somewhere on it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Our Spyders are the go to for most everything. Being retired, we ride them most every day. Many times a hundred miles or so. Since moving to AR in May/2019 we have put a total of 37,965 miles on our Spyders.

By comparison, our 2017 Suburu Outback is rarely used, except for grocery runs and other errands. It has a total of 27,500 miles on it now, and 4,500 of those miles were the trip from AK to AR.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

75% daily blaster
    25% long distance tourer

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Today ( and for the next 4 days) We are using it to go the Run-a-Mucca rally in sunny Winnemucca,Nv. It's mostly a motorcycle event but this year the Battle Born wil make a much better showing than in the past.Battle born spyders.jpg

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow