Spyder Garage

Smile BRP adjustable handlebar

Has anyone installed one of these, (219401046) on their 2020 or 2021 spyders? Trying to decide between the short reach handlebar or the adjustable handlebar. I'm 5' 6" so any info appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i put the stock f3 bar on wifes also raised floor boards she loves it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The adjustable "handlebar" is actually an adjustable riser. Flip the lever and you can move the bars up/back as much as 2". At 5'6", I'd suggest short reach bars. They're cheaper and easier to find. If you look in the For Sale section, someone may even be selling them cheap.

Spyder Garage

I have the adjustable kit on the '21. I like the adjustability it provides as it allows one to lean back into a backrest on long trips. Conversely, moving them forward allows for more maneuverability in the city. Turning corners or rapid lane changes .Another advantage being the adjustment screw on the Can Am backrest becomes one of set and forget.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Jim View Post
    Has anyone installed one of these, (219401046) on their 2020 or 2021 spyders? Trying to decide between the short reach handlebar or the adjustable handlebar. I'm 5' 6" so any info appreciated. Thanks, Jim
    I am 5-7 and have the short reach bars. Totally happy I installed them myself in less than an hour and it is a game changer for me. I was at the point where I couldn’t ride 30 miles and I would get a pain on top of my spine that was unbearable.
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing