Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default OEM 2020+ RT windscreen

Since I can't find anyone who has a factory shorty windscreen, it looks like I'm going to need to try to cut down a stock windscreen for my 2021 RT. I don't want to cut down the one I have so I'm looking for another. I have various aftermarket windscreens I'd be willing to trade plus cash on your end. An outright purchase is fine, too.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Check Ebay. There is a short screen for a RT for $117. It is not labeled as short, but from the pictures, it is definitely not the tall one. Good luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

they have this on Amazon, a bit pricey at $ 265.00 but gives you a part number to research.

Can-Am Spyder RT 2020 and Up Adjustable Sport Windshield - Clear 219400956
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. I just bought the one blacklightning pointed out on eBay. We'll see if it goes through and if it's actually a short windscreen. The model number the eBay ad gives is for the regular windscreen but as blacklightning pointed out, it sure looks like it's a shorty.

If this doesn't pan out, I'll start searching again.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like either way you have a spare to just mount or cut down if needed.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Assuming I get it, I'll cut it down. Now I just have to Google or YouTube how to do it. Little nervous, tbh.

Anyone know what kind of plastic the windscreen is made out of?

Spyder Garage

We have a new OEM windshield off our 2020 RT limited. Only saw 5 miles before it was taken off. Never even saw a bug splat. Retail they sell for 329.00. Will sell for 275.00 plus shipping. We could bring to Tellico Plains, TN first weekend of June when we go there to camp to save shipping.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Assuming I get it, I'll cut it down. Now I just have to Google or YouTube how to do it. Little nervous, tbh.

Anyone know what kind of plastic the windscreen is made out of?
    Not sure about the kind of plastic, but I just used a fine tooth blade on a jig saw. As long as you support the shield, and tape both sides before starting, it should go pretty easy. The biggest thing is to take your time. I cut my first one about an inch taller than I wanted so that i could do another cut if I screwed it up. Sure enough, I screwed up my first one. But now I have done about 4 and it is pretty easy. Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Not sure about the kind of plastic, but I just used a fine tooth blade on a jig saw. As long as you support the shield, and tape both sides before starting, it should go pretty easy. The biggest thing is to take your time. I cut my first one about an inch taller than I wanted so that i could do another cut if I screwed it up. Sure enough, I screwed up my first one. But now I have done about 4 and it is pretty easy. Good luck.
    Good. Once I get the new windscreen, I'll be down so you can cut it for me.

Spyder Garage

Good. Once I get the new windscreen, I'll be down so you can cut it for me.
    Not sure my confidence level is up for trying it on someone elses. But from the pictures that I saw on Ebay, I am thinking the one that was advertised is the short one. My old 2014 RT had the perfect shield for all seasons on it. Wider than normal, tinted, shorter than stock, and had a vent. I went through 4 different shields until I found that one. I actually would like to get the bike back. A guy about 5 miles from me bought it 4 years ago and haven't put 1k miles on it. Unfortunately his health has been failing him and he can no longer ride. But everytime his wife mentions selling it, he has a fit. She wants me to try and sell it, but I cannot get in the middle of that conversation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the pics on eBay are correct, I think you're right that it's the shorty windscreen. I wouldn't have had any doubt except the part number on the auction was for the stock height windscreen. We'll see tomorrow.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Rec'd the windscreen today. It's definitely the shorty windscreen which is awesome however it doesn't have any vents (no worries there) and it came with a bag of misc parts including some of those threaded clips. Not sure if this will fit or if this is for an early 1st gen (2010-2013) RT. (Could be the windscreens from ANY year will fit. I know the late 1st gen (2014-2019) will fit the current gen.) I'll install it after work tonight and see how it fits.

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Rec'd the windscreen today. It's definitely the shorty windscreen which is awesome however it doesn't have any vents (no worries there) and it came with a bag of misc parts including some of those threaded clips. Not sure if this will fit or if this is for an early 1st gen (2010-2013) RT. (Could be the windscreens from ANY year will fit. I know the late 1st gen (2014-2019) will fit the current gen.) I'll install it after work tonight and see how it fits.
    PM sent
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Installed the shorty windscreen. Damn, it's short. All the way down, it's shorter than the dash. I get that as I think it was originally intended for a 1st gen which has a flatter dash. There's no lower "vents" so I'll ride around a bit tomorrow if it's not raining and see if I get any buffeting. If I have to, I'll cut out the vent holes like the original. I'm guessing I'll be slammed by the wind so it won't matter. Should feel good on those 90* NC day.

OEM windscreen up
    OEM up small.jpg
    Shorty windscreen up
    shsorty up small.jpg
    Shorty windscreen down
    shorty down small.jpg

Spyder Garage

I love it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rode about 2 hours today with the new shorty windscreen. Definitely wouldn't be my winter choice (not that it's supposed to be) but it really increases the air flow on these hot (91* today) rides. The lack of vents didn't seem to matter. No buffeting to speak of just LOTS of wind. I rode with it all the way down most of the afternoon at speeds mostly between 45 and 70. Really helped although I still need a cooling vest or cooling neck thing.

Thanks to my friend, blacklightning, for the heads up.

Spyder Garage

We have a new 2020 windshield we took right off our new one last year in case you are still thinking about one. Will take $150 plus shipping if you decide...