Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tried Can Am's Adj Upper/Lower Wind Deflectors For 2020 on?

Anybody install these? Are they effective?
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quite a few of us have. They do a very good job. Easy to swap out, too. Well worth the $200 price tag.

Spyder Garage

Deal me in. Got them, love them!
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Got them, love them

Spyder Garage

I have them on my 2021 RTL and I "like" them. This is just one guys opinion though....

- Do they allow more air to flow through than the stock fixed ones? Most definitely YES!

- Are they aesthetically pleasing? YES! That was probably the big selling point for me.

- Do they block the same amount of wind as the stock ones? The lower ones are actually a little bigger than stock, so for cold weather they should be the same or better.

- Can you feel the air wearing a mesh jacket? I can definitely feel some air moving on my stomach area but its not like a blast of air. More like better circulation of air.

- Do they work like Baker Air Wings and direct air onto your torso? Not really. If you are expecting something like that then you will be disappointed. I had Baker Air Wings on my 2005 Goldwing and you could force air directly onto your toso with those. These more or less let more air down the side of the bike. They don't angle enough to really force air right onto you. If the Baker Air Wing design wasn't stuck in the 80s I would probably have gotten those again.

- Do they mess up the air pocket? At speeds above 55 they do cause more turbulence for me. I got hot while riding around 55 mph and opened them up and immediately had some head buffeting. You can definitely tell the air collapses closer behind you with them open. I am 5'8" and like to look over the windshield so I typically keep it at the lowest setting. I have to raise it about 1" to smooth things out above 60 mph.

- Do I regret getting them? Not at all. Without them I would probably have a heat stroke here in the south during the hot humid summer months since I wear a mesh jacket all the time. I was getting zero air circulation with the stock ones. I rode today and stopped for a bit at a lake and left my jacket on. My t-shirt underneath got a little sweaty and when I drove off I could feel the sweat evaporating on my stomach. I didn't close them to see if that feeling stopped, but I'm pretty sure it would have.

- Easy to install? Pretty much so. You just have to remove the two main side panels. Mine came with new screws that already have the lovely BRP yellow thread lock on them. Unfortunately though, I missed them in the bottom of the box under the packing paper on both sets and spent way too much time trying to clean the yellow crap off the originals to get them to thread back in. One thing to note though. One of them is going to require you to have some sort of right angle screw driver to get the bolts in because the design does not let a straight screw driver get to the bolt head. I bought a little ratchet set that had shorty screw driver bits at Lowes that allowed me to get them installed.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Link to these deflectors?

Spyder Garage

So far they are good. Not quite as effective up top as Baker's on my GL1800, but I like the click-stops. BTW, just look in BRP accessories on their forum.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Link to these deflectors?
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...rotection.html

The 1st two items. On sale for 160.00 for the pair.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue