Spyder Garage

Default Running single LED taillight - wiring question.

Hey guys, I deleted my fender as well as the bracket holding the tail lights and license plate, rerouted wiring under seat for a single tail light. The red and black wires were spliced in the hardness, so I could just get rid of those, however the 2 white wire (brake lamp) both seem to be coming out of the control unit.

Leaving 1 of them just cut and isolated throws VSS codes and triggers limp mode (for a bulb, rly can-am...) so I need to fool the 2nd wire into thinking it’s connected to a light or resistance. What happens if I tie the 2 white wires directly into the new taillight, would that work, or do I need to find a resistor to simulate a light?

Thank you.

643A3936-C57A-4244-95C9-D606C0985ABB.jpg
    082FD728-A7DD-45A6-977D-4CEFAB68A9FE.jpg

Spyder Garage

Nice job.Your bike looks great!

Spyder Garage

Default Bold Move

With the rear fender removed, do you have any problems with water/mud or debris slinging on your back from the rear tire?
    2021 Ryker , Black & Yellow

Spyder Garage

I'm assuming you've gotten this worked out? If not looking at the 2021 wiring diagram in the service manual, it appears that the white brake wire comes together as one wire and goes through a connector somewhere between the lights and brake switch, and then goes to the brake switch (other side of switch is 12VDC) and the input of the ECMB as the brake signal. Saying all that, it looks like you should be able to connect the two white wires together in the brake light and it shouldn't mess with CAN bus and your VSS should stop happening. Let me know what you've found out.