Spyder Garage

Default Markings on LH control cluster worn off! 2020 RT

New to Spyders

I have noticed that the markings on my parking break and shifter have worn off. I mentioned this to the dealers maintenance department and they told me that BRP said it was normal wear and not covered under warranty. I have a 2020 RTL that I purchased last year and it only has 4000 miles on it. Has anyone else seen this? If so is there a fix?
    2020 Limited , Metallic Blue

Spyder Garage

Use of fill pen. That work great. Online in many colors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by natray View Post
    New to Spyders

I have noticed that the markings on my parking break and shifter have worn off. I mentioned this to the dealers maintenance department and they told me that BRP said it was normal wear and not covered under warranty. I have a 2020 RTL that I purchased last year and it only has 4000 miles on it. Has anyone else seen this? If so is there a fix?
    Call BRP Customer Service and start a case. This should not happen despite what your dealer told you.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by natray View Post
    New to Spyders

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Call BRP Customer Service and start a case. This should not happen despite what your dealer told you.

I gotta agree with LLR here..... it might be 'Normal wear' on a 5 to 10 year old Spyder that's done 5 or 10 times the miles, but on a 2020 Spyder with less than 5000 miles on it!?! Does that mean they'd classify all the paint color coming off in your next year of ryding as 'Normal wear'!?!

Something is wrong here, those markings should last AT LEAST until the Warranty runs out!! . Heck, I've got a well used 4WD that's over 20 years old now which STILL has all the switch markings on it looking like they were put on yesterday! And I'd bet they've been subjected to more dirt & wear & cleaning than anything your Spyder is ever likely to see in its next 20 years!!

I wouldn't be accepting a 'fob off' like that from the dealer; ask to see the documentation from BRP supporting this BS, cos you'll really want to see the sigature & name on the bottom of the page so that you know who is responsible for such a BS story if this gets to court; and maybe remind them that if they can't provide that documentation, it'll probably be THEM (individually and collectively) on the receiving end of any suit that might eventuate!

'Normal wear' my **** - that's utter crap and nothing short of a 'we don't wanta be bothered' fob off from the dealer &/or BRP!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I gotta agree with LLR here..... it might be 'Normal wear' on a 5 to 10 year old Spyder that's done 5 or 10 times the miles, but on a 2020 Spyder with less than 5000 miles on it!?! Does that mean they'd classify all the paint color coming off in your next year of ryding as 'Normal wear'!?!

Something is wrong here, those markings should last AT LEAST until the Warranty runs out!! . Heck, I've got a well used 4WD that's over 20 years old now which STILL has all the switch markings on it looking like they were put on yesterday! And I'd bet they've been subjected to more dirt & wear & cleaning than anything your Spyder is ever likely to see in its next 20 years!!

I wouldn't be accepting a 'fob off' like that from the dealer; ask to see the documentation from BRP supporting this BS, cos you'll really want to see the sigature & name on the bottom of the page so that you know who is responsible for such a BS story if this gets to court; and maybe remind them that if they can't provide that documentation, it'll probably be THEM (individually and collectively) on the receiving end of any suit that might eventuate!

'Normal wear' my **** - that's utter crap and nothing short of a 'we don't wanta be bothered' fob off from the dealer &/or BRP!
    458C8C84-33C2-4239-A9D1-5DF2DE7B80F0.jpeg can barely see the polished +part that was protected by the paint at 68,500m -7 years tomorrow 5/23

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

One thing that might make a difference is whether you were gloves or not. If you don’t, some people have higher acidity in their skin i.e. pH balance, which could lead to wearing off the paint faster.

Spyder Garage

Default Picture of cluster

Here is a picture of the control cluster

I think I got this picture uploaded
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-23-2021 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Fixed duplicate post with pic! ;-)
    2020 Limited , Metallic Blue

Spyder Garage

That's not right! In the 70,000 miles I have on Spyders, I have not experienced that on any of them. I think your dealer is feeding you a line of bull, and I think BRP would cover it. I and 6 of my friends have 2020 RT Limiteds and none of us have that problem, and we all have more miles on than you.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue