Spyder Garage

Default Licence plate housing fell off...

Need a little help on the part number for 2021 Spyder F3S for the housing for the licence plate that came off in a normal ride...I didnt notice until I got home and cut the grass and went back to put the spyder in the garage and I know I didn't hit anything..any help would be appreciated...thanks..liceneplatehousing.jpglicenceplatehousing2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default License plate housing came off..

Need a little help on the part number for 2021 Spyder F3S for the housing for the licence plate that came off in a normal ride...I didnt notice until I got home and cut the grass and went back to put the spyder in the garage and I know I didn't hit anything..any help would be appreciated...thanks..liceneplatehousing.jpglicenceplatehousing2.jpg I didnt know which was the best forum to put it on to get a response quick because I don't know if it will hurt anything to drive around with it like that..Im new to all this..

Spyder Garage

It appears you have become a MY2021 victim of a problem that plagues some F3 owners (I know 2). You lost the license plate light lens, held on by one screw. BRP has an acronym for this condition, BOHICA, bend over, here it comes again. There is no separate part number for the license plate lens, but BRP will gladly take your money for PN710003348, License Plate Light, price not published. In your case, were I in your boots I would return to the dealership that sold you the Spyder and tell them that the s***head (say, "le connard" and they'll know you mean business) who assembled your machine failed to verify that the screw that held the license plate lens was properly secured and tell them you will be well satisfied when they replace the license plate light under warranty because it is not a consumable maintenance part.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    It appears you have become a MY2021 victim of a problem that plagues some F3 owners (I know 2). You lost the license plate light lens, held on by one screw. BRP has an acronym for this condition, BOHICA, bend over, here it comes again. There is no separate part number for the license plate lens, but BRP will gladly take your money for PN710003348, License Plate Light, price not published. In your case, were I in your boots I would return to the dealership that sold you the Spyder and tell them that the s***head (say, "le connard" and they'll know you mean business) who assembled your machine failed to verify that the screw that held the license plate lens was properly secured and tell them you will be well satisfied when they replace the license plate light under warranty because it is not a consumable maintenance part.
    Thank you for the response and the part number...I definitely surprised me..

Spyder Garage

I'm a victim of the 1 screw taillight also. I would love to get the taillight from the bobber kit. Unfortunately BRP doesnt sell it separate. Loctite the new and hope holds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I'm a victim of the 1 screw taillight also. I would love to get the taillight from the bobber kit. Unfortunately BRP doesnt sell it separate. Loctite the new and hope holds.
    Gotcha... and I spoke with the place I got the bike from and they said it wasn't covered...which confused me because thats not something that you except to just fall off especially if you haven't hit anything..lol..so I called brp and spoke with them myself and they put a ticket in for it...still waiting on a response and haven't gotten a call back from the dealership shop..they where suppose to call me so I could send pictures to see if Brp would cover it...Im in the process of finding another shop to take my bike to..so while they are looking to see if it is covered I already ordered one and it will be here Monday..will put that on along with lock tite to hold it in place...

Spyder Garage

Wonder why that screw doesn't have loctite on it cause every other screw or bolt on a Spyder does???

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Wonder why that screw doesn't have loctite on it cause every other screw or bolt on a Spyder does???
    I have no clue but not only did I speak with brp I went ahead and ordered one so when they see it is a warranty issue or by the time they figure it out I will already have the new housing on and done...they are slow about the claims I'm finding out..

Spyder Garage

If you don't have any, get a tube of Blue Loctite so you have it ready when the new license plate light arrives and is ready to be installed.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

This site might help for you and others with the same problem.
    https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/can-am-oem-parts-ccp
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfrog View Post
    This site might help for you and others with the same problem.
    https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/can-am-oem-parts-ccp
    I would love to use it but its so hard to make out the pictures of what goes where because its so small...lol...maybe its my age catching up but also enlarging the picture to see what I would need...lol

Spyder Garage

If you haven't tried it yet clicking on the pic brings up just that picture and parts list as well as scrolling the mouse on the pic will enlarge it more.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Last June on a ride through the Ozarks I lost my license plate on the way there somewhere in IL. I rode around for a week without a plate. I had police cars following me and they left me alone. I figured they thought either it was new or were spooked by covid ... or (I was offended) I didn't look bad ass enough to bother with Good luck with the part hunt and repair.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    Last June on a ride through the Ozarks I lost my license plate on the way there somewhere in IL. I rode around for a week without a plate. I had police cars following me and they left me alone. I figured they thought either it was new or were spooked by covid ... or (I was offended) I didn't look bad ass enough to bother with Good luck with the part hunt and repair.
    I didn't look bad ass enough to bother with ....Now that was funny my license plate hasn't fallen off yet but the housing that covers the light is gone...lol..it will be here Thursday..i got a call from brp but it will already be replaced by the time the claim is done...if they do decide to cover it ill keep it just in case it happens again..I tried to tell them this is a known issue after researching this website and seeing many people have had this happen but I guees because we live in a part of NC that doesnt sell many F3 or spyders in general..Ive seen more rykers on the road..lol..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    it has like 2 threads to grab. Its an insanely horrible design on a simple product. I almost lost #2 on mine. I'm gonna lose the whole setup if it happens again..wish BRP would just offer the license plate part from the bobber kit. I've been looking with no luck. If anyone wants to part with one PM me.