Spyder Garage

Default F3S Special Windshield Upgrade - anyone done one?

Recently purchased a 21 F3S Special and the gauge spoiler comes standard. I'm thinking of adding a larger windshield but I'm leery because I love the stock look. Obviously, I have to decide how much I want to fight the wind when riding. Any other special series owners added a windshield?
    2021 F3-S Special , Gravity Grey

Spyder Garage

I installed the Blue Ridge Windshield on mine and I love it. https://youtu.be/4Xlovp_R-_E

You'll probably hear from many others who will sing the praises of their madstad or f4 customs windshields.

You'll have lots of options and I definitely recommend a windshield for highway riding.

Spyder Garage

Where did you buy your special? I was at Pete’s motorcycles in Baltimore last Friday, and there was a guy who was looking at the special that he had put a deposit on three months ago. I was wondering if he ended up buying it, and if it was you?

I love the stock, but only for back roads and speeds up to 50 mph. Anything above those speeds, I’ve noticed that my head and neck gets blown around.

I ended up placing an order for a 15 inch light smoke gray Gustafsson screen. I’m 5’2 for reference. I haven’t received it yet so can’t provide a review. Their website is bikescreen.com

I also considered F4, 7jurock, and the one on Lamonster Garage’s website.

Spyder Garage

I sent my 18 inch MadStad back.....yesterday. I am one who will not sing its praises. Could not get it adjusted for highway speeds (65mph to 80 mph), the bolts kept coming loose due to the vibrations. I would have to pull over to the side of the road, retighten everything and get on my way. Several positions created such a backdraft push I felt like I was being pushed forward, other positions my helmet vibrated so bad I could not see out of it. I am 5' 6" and measured for the 18" one. Let's hope I get my money back!
    2018 F3T - Loving the Ryde!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohRider View Post
    Recently purchased a 21 F3S Special and the gauge spoiler comes standard. I'm thinking of adding a larger windshield but I'm leery because I love the stock look. Obviously, I have to decide how much I want to fight the wind when riding. Any other special series owners added a windshield?
    I have a blueridge on my Daytona. I cut it down to the 129 height as I got too much buffeting in my helmet. The 129 let's the wind hit me mid chest. I'm 6'2" long torso and the wind in my helmet is what I wanted. For long trips I find my neck get some strain so I may look at an F4 as a road trip shield, but I have no problem with the 129 height at top speed. I wear am Arai Signet helmet so maybe its better in open air.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got a Freedom shield from Lamonster. It's a 15" which is 3" taller than stock and 3" below where I look. No problems and better protection.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I bought the blueridge windscreen, then traded it to the dealer for a 129 windscreen, which I then cut down as far as I could. I also modified it so it's quick release, so I can swap it with the gauge spoiler quickly when I don't want any screen. I also have a madstad, which is ugly as homemade sin, but when installed I was able to adjust it for total calm at any speed. I'm going to modify it also to be quick release so I can swap between screens as the mood and need strike.
    2019 F3S SM6
    2019 F3S SM6 , Black metallic with pearl color change

Spyder Garage

Can you post pics of how you made it quick release?

Spyder Garage
    2019 F3S SM6

Spyder Garage

Thank you. That is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond my capabilities!! Great work tho!!!

Spyder Garage

Honestly it could be done with a hacksaw and a file. Or just a file. It'd take a while, but all you have to do is cut out a slot in the front mount. It just looks fancy because I have a mill.
    2019 F3S SM6

Spyder Garage

I installed the 32" f4 shield on my 2019 f3s no more wind no more buffering nice and quiet love it
    richie spyder