Spyder Garage

Default 2020 limited 75-80 MPH

had my spyder up to 75-80 and i started to feel a vibration,, Belt? do i need a dampener for the belt
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

I too experienced the same now about 3 times. However I very rarely go that fast so probably will wait to get it done later. Perhaps if I start hitting that speed more often I would order the lamonster version which I understand is the best one.
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn’t hurt to install it…….there is a reason why they make it.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a common occurence. I added one of Lamonsters belt tensioners to my '18 and again on my current '21. It eliminated the issue. The drive belt is so long, it produces some harmonic vibrations. Some have been able to eliminate it (or at least lessen it) by loosening the tension in the belt. When I did that on my '21, it only moved the vibration to a different speed. I DO ride that fast so it bothered me. Easy enough to add the belt tensioner. It just takes 2 bolts once you remove the tupperware.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    had my spyder up to 75-80 and i started to feel a vibration,, Belt? do i need a dampener for the belt
    2017 F3L....I adjusted by belt looser to 140 on the Krikit with the rear wheel off the floor. I get a wee bit of vibes in the low 70s, so I go faster or slower.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

how much trouble to install a belt tensioner, looking at the lamonster complete kit for my F3
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    how much trouble to install a belt tensioner, looking at the lamonster complete kit for my F3
    Easy…….if you’re comfortable removing a couple body panels.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    It's a common occurence. I added one of Lamonsters belt tensioners to my '18 and again on my current '21. It eliminated the issue. The drive belt is so long, it produces some harmonic vibrations. Some have been able to eliminate it (or at least lessen it) by loosening the tension in the belt. When I did that on my '21, it only moved the vibration to a different speed. I DO ride that fast so it bothered me. Easy enough to add the belt tensioner. It just takes 2 bolts once you remove the tupperware.
    it's very common and nothing to be concerned about. Ride more and worry less.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

After doing much searching, I find that the idler pulley was not installed on the 2020 RT Spyders. I guess that there was enough complaint about the very common vibration problem, that BRP saw that one was needed. So, on the 2021 models, they installed one. Their parts catalog shows one listed for the 2021 models. It is part number 705503291 and costs $48.99. https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...p/sales/parts/ It appears to have the smaller pulley on it which other posts indicate that it may fail too soon. The lamonster garage version has a larger, improved pulley which would seem to be a better part to have.