Spyder Garage

Default Sold 2017 F3 Limited to dealer

This afternoon I listed my 2017 F3 Limited with 2600 miles on Facebook Marketplace and was immediately contacted by a dealer nearby. I listed it for 17850 and they will give me 17500 and come get it. We purchased a cabin last fall in the mountains of Arizona and want to get into a Wrangler for a bit of off-road use. Loved the Spyder - but life goes on!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Curious, where in Arizona. We lived off grid near Show Low for just under 18 years.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Show Low - Bison Ridge area

Spyder Garage

I'm surprised they would give you more than wholesale.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I recently sold my 2015 RAM 3500 to the same way. Had many dealers contact me via my CL add that requested not dealer contacts. Had a dealer in California offer the most, contacted one of the local dealers in Phoenix that wanted it and they paid more than the California guy. Buyer came Saturday evening, we shook hands on a price, Monday we met at their local bank branch across the highway, he had all the paperwork, I watched him get the cashier's check from the teller, took a picture of him drivers license and completed the sale. Clean deal.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I'm surprised they would give you more than wholesale.
    It's not really all that surprising, given the World Wide shortage of computer chips that's holding up the delivery of many new vehicles atm!

There's even been people here in Oz who've fairly recently bought or leased a vehicle (both new and late model secondhand!) who've been paid more than the current (artificially inflated ) RETAIL price to sell them back to their dealers again - purportedly so they can sell them on again at an even higher price!! And it seems there are people out there desperate enough (or otherwise they gotta be silly enough ) to actually pay that sorta price!!

Just recently, one of my Kids hadn't even got their new car home before the dealer's boss was on the phone offering to buy it back at a very healthy margin over the price just paid, including all the fees & charges, extras, etc!! Apparently, they'd had someone walk in as my Kid was just driving out; the 'walk-in' saw the new car leaving; and on hearing about the shortage of stock available in-country and the 'back-order' delays, offered the dealer a commission AND an over the top price to get hold of the one they'd just seen driving out.... but my Kid really needed that (replacement) car (ie, desperate enough... ) and knows first hand how hard they are to come by right now, as well as how long they'da had to wait for anothery; so wasn't gonna be giving up the one they'd just got for 'only' what was on offer - as generous as it was! Took a bit of hard thinking tho - the $$ coulda paid for a LOT of taxi rides!

But I've heard of a couple of new farkled up Rykers being 'bought back' like that for over the tote prices here, and then just this morning, an F3-T too...... so it really does seem to be a 'seller's market' atm! Even if only in recent model vehicles.... You've just gotta find a few of those 'desperate enough' buyers - but apparently, there's a fair few of them out there - or are they just those 'silly enough' buyers??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-20-2021 at 06:50 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I owned a Pontiac Bonneville, years ago, And was trying to sell it, (due to high roadtaxes, on heavy cars, I live in the netherlands), couldn't find a Buyer.
    Went to a big Autoshow, and put a for sale sign, behind the windscreen, was at the show for a couple of minutes, and my mobile went off, and a guy was bloating, I am looking for a few months for a car like yours....
    So I asked a much higher price as I intended to ask in the first place, and the buyer didn't even haggle bout it, went to the postoffice, for the paperwork, he paid me, and I had to take a Taxi Home.
    But heeey, I was smiling all the way, so yeah, silly people exsist...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

All I can say is amazing. I am hoping I will never be that silly. Remember the PT Cruiser? When they first came out the dealers wanted an admin. fee of almost $2K over the MSRP. I wanted one...but backed off at that. Never bought one. Turns out, it was a good move for me. They turned out to be mechanical nightmares.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    All I can say is amazing. I am hoping I will never be that silly. Remember the PT Cruiser? When they first came out the dealers wanted an admin. fee of almost $2K over the MSRP. I wanted one...but backed off at that. Never bought one. Turns out, it was a good move for me. They turned out to be mechanical nightmares.
    Funny you should mention the PT Cruiser. Because they were so scarce and overpriced, I had a friend who actually bought 2 of them when they came out in 2001. One he gave to his girlfriend, the other he stored in an enclosed trailer. It has 70 miles on it and the seats are still covered in plastic. The car still smells like new inside at 20 years old. This is what happens when you have more money then sense. He would have been better off if he had purchased the Plymouth Prowler. It just would need a hemi transplant instead of the V6 that it came with.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Funny you should mention the PT Cruiser. Because they were so scarce and overpriced, I had a friend who actually bought 2 of them when they came out in 2001. One he gave to his girlfriend, the other he stored in an enclosed trailer. It has 70 miles on it and the seats are still covered in plastic. The car still smells like new inside at 20 years old. This is what happens when you have more money then sense. He would have been better off if he had purchased the Plymouth Prowler. It just would need a hemi transplant instead of the V6 that it came with.
    The Prowler was a mean looking machine. I liked the purple color too.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Prowler looked good, but was a nightmare to drive, had the looks of a sportscar, but drove like a cruiser....
    Friend of mine had one, he upgraded to a Dodge Viper....
    Overhere these cars (american made) are few and far behind, and we have to pay alotta Taxes, but hee money is ment to be spent...
    Last edited by Piratezz; 05-22-2021 at 03:34 AM. Reason: trying to add a photo
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black