Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default ScanGauge 2 mounting bracket

I just leased a 2021 Honda HRV to replace my CR-V. Less room, fewer amenities, much smaller but much cheaper. Not bad for a grocery getter but not much else. In addition to the severe lack of power, it doesn't have many gauges. I want to know there's a problem before there's a problem so I bought a ScanGauge 2. I'm looking for mounting options, preferably without Velcro'ing it to my dash.

For anyone who has this, do you know if this comes with the part that sticks on the back of the ScanGauge?

https://www.scangauge.com/shop/deluxe-window-mount/

Probably a long shot for an answer but I figured it was worth a try.

TIA

Spyder Garage

IIRC, that 'square thingy' ( ) shown in image #5 of 5 of the images attached to the linked item, is the part that fits onto the back of the Scangauge - so Yeah, I'm pretty sure that 'Deluxe Scangauge Mount' shown/linked does come with the part that sticks on the back of the ScanGauge.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

When I bought my Scangage years ago, no mount came with it. Give serious thought about what parameters you want to monitor. The Scangage can monitor many, but mine only displays 4.

In my modified 2010 Tacoma, I monitor Intake Air Temp, Water Temp, Trans Fluid in Pan Temp, and MPG.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got it set on water temp, volts, CVT temp and speed. The HRV doesn't have a water temp gauge (it has a light that comes on to show LOW water temp which goes off @ 130* and a light that comes on to show high water temp...no idea when that comes on), volt gauge (and the HRV is notorious for draining the tiny 51R battery) or CVT temp gauge (which I wouldn't expect it to have). I have OCD so I feel the need to know the EXACT speed I'm going (not that it really matters to anyone else) and the HRV only has an analog speedometer.

Like I said, the HRV is pretty generic. It's based on the Honda Fit if that gives you an idea of the genericness (I'm sure that's a word). I didn't really care for the CR-V but in 2 years, I only drove a grand total of 3343 miles so comfort isn't a high priority. I'm paying $150/mo less for the HRV which is more important to me now than comfort or features. I've put more miles on my RT in 6 months than I have on any cage in 2 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I've got it set on water temp, volts, CVT temp and speed. The HRV doesn't have a water temp gauge (it has a light that comes on to show LOW water temp which goes off @ 130* and a light that comes on to show high water temp...no idea when that comes on), volt gauge (and the HRV is notorious for draining the tiny 51R battery) or CVT temp gauge (which I wouldn't expect it to have). I have OCD so I feel the need to know the EXACT speed I'm going (not that it really matters to anyone else) and the HRV only has an analog speedometer.

Like I said, the HRV is pretty generic. It's based on the Honda Fit if that gives you an idea of the genericness (I'm sure that's a word). I didn't really care for the CR-V but in 2 years, I only drove a grand total of 3343 miles so comfort isn't a high priority. I'm paying $150/mo less for the HRV which is more important to me now than comfort or features. I've put more miles on my RT in 6 months than I have on any cage in 2 years.
    When my lease is up on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler, I was thinking of taking a closer look at the CR-V. Can you tell me what it is you didn't care for?

Spyder Garage

I use the Torq Pro App on my cell and tablet. In the app you can set it up for each vehicle to monitor what you want. I just mount my cell in its normal cell holder and watch as I drive. You just have to have the Bluetooth OBDII adapter plugged in. The app allows me to monitor any module or sensor that I am looking at. You also have multiple pages you can setup for what you are looking at. I have one page setup for just monitoring stuff, AF, timing, Coolant temp, trans temp etc. and another page setup for fuel trims and vacuum pressures. Not sure if you have looked at it. And the regular Torque app is free, the Pro version was a couple of bucks and it allows a lot more PID's to be monitored.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    When my lease is up on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler, I was thinking of taking a closer look at the CR-V. Can you tell me what it is you didn't care for?
    It wasn't so much that it wasn't a good car but that it just wasn't my "style". It got good gas mileage and was pretty roomy for what it is (it's not a Suburban ). The features on the lower 2 trim levels (LX and EX) are lacking. The EX-L (which I had) and the Touring (which, if I were to buy a CR-V again, is what I would get) are much better. The dash is good but odd and the shifter is in a really weird place. Personally, I think it looks ugly. Comfort wasn't bad. Honda cheaps out on a few things that sort of bothered me like the TPMS. Nothing in the Honda lineup has true TPMS. What they have (and other manufacturers may have the same thing) is something that tells you when one of the tires on an "axle" is lower than the other (smaller rolling diameter kind of thing). It doesn't tell you which tire nor does it tell you what the actual pressures are. Honda could have done better for not a lot more money. The biggest issue (for ME) was the cost. I leased it w/no money down and my payments were $500/mo. Had I driven it daily, I could have justified that price. Driving it rarely, I just couldn't justify it.

The CR-V line up now includes a hybrid which is supposed to be pretty good although you lose the spare tire to make room for the battery. Rumor has it there's supposed to be a new generation coming out in the next year or 2.