Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post
    Yes, so did my 2021 RTL, and it has an upper and lower pair of small fixed deflectors too. Not sure if they were a dealer option or not, but the combination seems to work quite well. A lot less buffeting than bikes I've owned with full fairings in the past.

I find it works best if I set the windshield just below my sight line, above or below that it starts to buffet a bit. I'm about 6 foot and long in the torso but I'm quite pleased overall with the air flow.

We bought a new pair of helmets for this year, the old ones were getting a bit long in the tooth. I have a Shoei modular and my wife has a Shoei full face. The old ones were Shoei too though and seemed a very similar shape but the buffeting is noticeably reduced with the new ones and not just the noise - well I'm deaf as a post anyway.

Perhaps the reduction in buffeting is a combination of many small things, like the small deflectors, the windshield relative height to you, the windshield venting and the helmet shape, all working together to make a big thing?
    To expand on mescw500 post I too am 6’ tall and on my 2021 RTL I had the same experience no buffeting while running the windshield at any height I wanted, my default position was all the way down. I decided to purchase the adjustable BRP upper and lower side deflectors to get more airflow in the cockpit area in hot weather. With these adjustable side deflectors in the open positions I now experience buffeting of my helmet (HJC modular IS Max II) but raising the shield a little makes it tolerable.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

I am trying to decide if I should put the upper and lower adjustable deflectors on my 2020RTL. The wife and I have ridden almost every weekend since we purchased our Spyder back in January 2021. Cold is overcome by our riding gear. The heat sometimes is the most irritating. I have the tall windshield with built in vents so buffeting isn't an issue. I would like to get more air on us. We ride ATGATT that's vented. Are the adjustable deflectors worth it?
    2020 Spyder RTL Chalk/Black
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DT5534 View Post
    I am trying to decide if I should put the upper and lower adjustable deflectors on my 2020RTL. The wife and I have ridden almost every weekend since we purchased our Spyder back in January 2021. Cold is overcome by our riding gear. The heat sometimes is the most irritating. I have the tall windshield with built in vents so buffeting isn't an issue. I would like to get more air on us. We ride ATGATT that's vented. Are the adjustable deflectors worth it?
    They're not AC, but they do help. It used to get uncomfortable at 90°, but now with the deflectors 'open' I can go to about 100°. They help keep air moving around the legs -- not sure they'll have any effect for the passenger. Money well spent for me.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

They help 'a little'. More air on legs but only a small amount on torso. Removing the cat may be more effective to reduce heat, especially in stop & go/ slow rolling.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post

i hope they work the best, these are massive!
    And butt ugly as well.

Edit: The picture didn't come with the quote. I am referring to the Bakers. They work but are not aesthetically pleasing at all. For any bike!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2022 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added pic ;-)
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I guess I'm fortunate, I have not experiences any buffeting with the OEM windshield and fixed air deflectors. But I am thinking about buying the OEM adjustable deflectors to try to get more airflow in hot weather.

~~~replying mainly to agree with what you said. Ever since i purchased a 2021 Spyder RTL in early August 2021, I’ve not felt a need at all to try for more air movement on this fine machine. I ride with the stock windscreen in the lowered position and haven’t felt a need to raise it on most sorties. Seems the few times ive raised the stock windscreen has strictly happened when riding from home to the truck stop interchange a mile away when say if im not wearing a helmet and i need more wind control. For the record im 6’1” needing tall shirts and jackets. Has amazed me too, a pleasant surprise if you will, not needing more wind deflection as every motorcycle and motor scooter ive owned, all needed some wind customization, in the form of taller windscreens. Of course im quite happy with this newfound situation. Yes!, even when wicking up the throttle to say 80+ MPH straffing along the interstate, and this is with me wearing a half helmet though i can wear my full face helmet too and not need any additional wind protection riding my bone stock RTL

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    ~~~replying mainly to agree with what you said. Ever since i purchased a 2021 Spyder RTL in early August 2021, I’ve not felt a need at all to try for more air movement on this fine machine. I ride with the stock windscreen in the lowered position and haven’t felt a need to raise it on most sorties. Seems the few times ive raised the stock windscreen has strictly happened when riding from home to the truck stop interchange a mile away when say if im not wearing a helmet and i need more wind control. For the record im 6’1” needing tall shirts and jackets. Has amazed me too, a pleasant surprise if you will, not needing more wind deflection as every motorcycle and motor scooter ive owned, all needed some wind customization, in the form of taller windscreens. Of course im quite happy with this newfound situation. Yes!, even when wicking up the throttle to say 80+ MPH straffing along the interstate, and this is with me wearing a half helmet though i can wear my full face helmet too and not need any additional wind protection riding my bone stock RTL Best,
    Jake
    I agree that the stock ‘21 screen with those higher cutouts does a great job of eliminating behind the screen buffeting, especially when you are as short as you are, Jake , but being a little taller, that stock screen puts my head right in the eye shaking zone from over the screen flow and does have to be changed out for me. We’re all different.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Removing the cat may be more effective to reduce heat, especially in stop & go/ slow rolling.

~~~i purchased a cat delete kit shortly after acquiring Cretin Girl (my 21’ RTL) yet at the time i was recuperating from finger surgery on my dominant hand so i postponed tackling that installation as I wasn’t capable of moving forward w/the install on my own. That said, I’m fully capable now yet the cat delete kit sits in a box. Truth be told, i am enjoying the stealthy quietness of the stock exhaust, heat be damned, & you best believe its hot in north central Fla. this time of the year. The majority of my riding is in rural areas so no real experience with stop & go traffic. I wouldn’t say I’m heat tolerant but I’m not bothered in the least by whatever heat emanates from the cat

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I installed a Laminar Lip on my Show Chrome windshield(4 1/2" wider than stock) It helped a lot, then stuck Laminar type baffles that I made on the sides of the windshield below the Laminar Lip. That helped more. Now I can ride behind a semi and it is 90% better. If I could mount my 1800 Windbender windshield, I'd be a lot happier.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.