Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Headlight bulb polarity swap.

Hi all,

As luck would have it my car and spyder share the same bulb types, the only problem being that when I fit the JW Speaker LEDs to my hi beam, they don't work as the polarity is incorrect for the bulbs.

I've seen some very complicated solutions costing up to 50 bucks but dont understand why there just isnt a intermediate socket that has the wires crossed over within it.

Because the designer of the headlights in my car must have went to the same design/engineering school as those at BRP, getting at the plug is dam difficult to just swap pins in the plug itself - unless I had the hands of a 3 month old child and skills a contortionist would be envious of...
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Hi all,

As luck would have it my car and spyder share the same bulb types, the only problem being that when I fit the JW Speaker LEDs to my hi beam, they don't work as the polarity is incorrect for the bulbs.

I've seen some very complicated solutions costing up to 50 bucks but dont understand why there just isnt a intermediate socket that has the wires crossed over within it.

Because the designer of the headlights in my car must have went to the same design/engineering school as those at BRP, getting at the plug is dam difficult to just swap pins in the plug itself - unless I had the hands of a 3 month old child and skills a contortionist would be envious of...
    So are you saying one is hi/lo positive and common negative the other is Hi/lo negative and common is positive?
    Which wires would you swap if you could?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood View Post
    So are you saying one is hi/lo positive and common negative the other is Hi/lo negative and common is positive?
    Which wires would you swap if you could?

The RT Spyders in Oz come low beam in the lights either side of the frunk and hi beam in the lights in front of the Handlebars. The Low Beam bulbs are HB3 -9005 bulbs and these are the high beam bulbs in my car.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White