Spyder Garage

Default Have you heard of this brand?? Tire brand question...

I have a question or two for people in the tire know.

Has anyone ever heard of this tire brand before? If so, are they any good? Is it worth trying to use them when my current tires have reached the end of their life?

I have a 2010 RTS that I would imagine needs an alignment as it's twitchy as heck on the road and is showing uneven ware. These came with the bike when I got it.

I know some of it is me and I don't have a lot of seat time on the bike (got it for my wife). I don't feel comfortable on it and I feel less comfortable in teaching my wife to ride it as it is now.

Constructive comments and input welcomed!

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Spyder Garage

You can eliminate the twitchies by loosening your grip on the bars and loosen your arms. The steering is very sensitive to any and all inputs.
    Stay away from house/off brands. Many here (including me) are very pleased with Federal Formoza tires on the front. Their price is very reasonable and are a great improvement over the crap Kendas.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

To see if "it's you" or the Spyder, when you're riding down the road, at speed, take your left hand and put it your lap. Take notice if the twitchiness stops. Then set your cruise control and put your right hand in your lap. Take notice if the twitchiness stops. If the twitchiness is only there when both hands are on the handlebars, the problem is you. You're holding too tight. Loosen your grip and the problem is solved.

If the twitchiness is there when only one hand is on the handlebars, then, I can't help you.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Your well being and possibly life is at stake. Choose wisely. Not a good area to save money when it comes to front tires on a Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Google is your friend.

Comforser tires are Chinese. Seem to have a good reputation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comf...obile&ie=UTF-8
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like RICZ said. Many here (including me) are very pleased with Federal Formoza tires on the front. Go with quality and spend a couple of extra dollars on the good stuff. You'll never regret it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

I've haven't seen that Brand .... not on any sites that actually test tires .... However if it's that brand or a Crapenda and your dealer will mount them, I won't tell you not to use them.... If they are sold for an Auto they are lots stronger than the Kenda's. ... The problem with OFF brand tires is their Quality control may not be great ( like Crapenda's ) .... also there are many other brands to chose from - why be a Test Bunny ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2021 at 11:28 PM. Reason: to to = not to? ;-)