Spyder Garage

Default Starter Solenoid 2008 GS Roadster

Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum please be gentle?

Recently my Starter Solenoid shorted out causing my starter to fry. I ordered replacement parts. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of there the two smaller wires on the solenoid connect to which post on the Solenoid. I was in hopes that my schematic would help determine that. Unfortunately, it does not. Solenoid Picture.jpg
    Schematic-Solenoid.jpg
    can anyone help me with this. I plan on reassembling her today.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Jerry. Are you still working on this? The short answer is that it doesn't matter. This application is different from an auto application. This is just two ends of a DC coil. The wires probably fit easier one way than the other. But, I could spy my setup with the help of a mirror using the mounting feet as a point of reference. See pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Hey Jerry. Are you still working on this? The short answer is that it doesn't matter. This application is different from an auto application. This is just two ends of a DC coil. The wires probably fit easier one way than the other. But, I could spy my setup with the help of a mirror using the mounting feet as a point of reference. See pic.
    Thank You. I have already completed the task. So I guess the orientation didn't matter? I did get it to turn over but NEW issues were found. "FUEL PUMP" is not working. UGH! Thank you for the reply.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry07_58 View Post
    Thank You. I have already completed the task. So I guess the orientation didn't matter? I did get it to turn over but NEW issues were found. "FUEL PUMP" is not working. UGH! Thank you for the reply.
    Well, since you have the wiring diagram, any fuse or relay problem can be readily addressed. Be safe. Be seen. Watch out for deer.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238