Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT-S Fog Lamps - are they easy to fit?

I have one fog lamp out on my 2015 RT-S. I had my water pump replaced at the dealer (ouch) and of course it was a couple of months out of warranty.

While I had it in I asked about the FOG LAMP and the dealer told me to get to that bulb is a real PITA and the labor would be costly. Looking at it from the outside it doesn't seem like a big deal. I passed on the replacement since the FOG LAMPS are kind of useless in my experience.

So what do you all say, It is EZ peasy or agree with the dealer it is a PITA. I trust this dealer and don't think he would lead me astray. I could be that we were talking 2 different lights, since there is those little ones right next to the fog lamps.

Thanks in advance for the comments

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Which fog lamp is out? if it's the right one it's not a problem; if it's the left one you have to have strong but very small hands to deal with the cap of the light fixture. For some folks, me included, when I switched to LEDs it was easier to remove the frunk to get to the light. Removing the frunk is not hard but for some the first time can be a bit intimidating. There are videos of how to do it if you search.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Which fog lamp is out? if it's the right one it's not a problem; if it's the left one you have to have strong but very small hands to deal with the cap of the light fixture. For some folks, me included, when I switched to LEDs it was easier to remove the frunk to get to the light. Removing the frunk is not hard but for some the first time can be a bit intimidating. There are videos of how to do it if you search.
    I agree .... the main issue with fitting the FRunk back on is connecting the Rubber Elbow to the plastic extension .... well don't worry about it - it doesn't NEED to air-tight ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Your dealer is right, it's a PITA, but it's not impossible for anyone who wants to get it done. In my experience, everything is a PITA on the Spyder, but I still work on it. Patience is the key....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White