Spyder Garage

Default ‘16 F3-L Error Code - any experiences with P060D ?

I’m out on the road, and a fair way from home. After an overnighter where the F3-L was parked outside in 3c temps, I got the dreaded Limp Home mode when I started it next morning. I assumed that the chilly temp (it hasn’t been out overnight in temps that cold before), was possibly the cause. I then travelled 300kms with the limp mode showing, but no change in performance, and the Limp Mode warning disappeared after a stop. However, it has reappeared this morning after an even colder night in the open. I took the throttle grip body cover off and had a look at the throttle connectors, but couldn’t see anything amiss. (Not that I had a clue what I was looking for.) I have to travel some 500kms home and am a loooong way from ANY dealers......anyone else had this code appear?

P060D module:ECM
    Throttle Accelerator Sensor (TAS)synchronistic error between sensor 1 & 2.
    Throttle Accelerator plausibility check error.

Make sure sensor connector is fully inserted

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Pete, not that I've ever experienced that code on an F3 before ( ) but given the abnormally low temps of late & your Spyder being exposed to them over-night, it might just be that you've got some moisture/condensation into the handgrip/throttle assembly that's interfering with the throttle sensor's read until it evaporates out.... So maybe you could try spraying in/under the placcy of the RH handgrip & around any of the associated wiring connectors you can get at (only check any connectors for proper connection at the same time too, if you can! ) with some contact cleaner or non-greasy water dispersant?!? Might help, probably won't hurt, so it's your call on whether it's worth a shot or not?!? But if it was me, I probably would!

Ps: were you heading out West? Or up/down the Coast? I thought you had Dealers in just about every direction that you could ryde from Harrington, only just not close?!? So given that you almost certainly didn't ryde EAST that far, I'm somewhat intrigued??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Hey Pete, not that I've ever experienced that code on an F3 before ( ) but given the abnormally low temps of late & your Spyder being exposed to them over-night, it might just be that you've got some moisture/condensation into the handgrip/throttle assembly that's interfering with the throttle sensor's read until it evaporates out.... So maybe you could try spraying in/under the placcy of the RH handgrip & around any of the associated wiring connectors you can get at (only check any connectors for proper connection at the same time too, if you can! ) with some contact cleaner or non-greasy water dispersant?!? Might help, probably won't hurt, so it's your call on whether it's worth a shot or not?!? But if it was me, I probably would!

Ps: were you heading out West? Or up/down the Coast? I thought you had Dealers in just about every direction from Harrington, only just not close?!? So now I'm intrigued??
    Thanks, Peter.....I’m hoping that moisture is all it is, although I did have a travel cover over it(maybe heavy humidity). I’m currently in Orange, 3 hours west of Sydney, where it is 5c (feels like -5 because it is sleeting). I’ll see if I can get out and get some water disperser (WD40 does that, doesn’t it?), and pop the throttle body off and give it a shot).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Not the throttle body. It's the throttle grip. As Peter Anwan said.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Not the throttle body. It's the throttle grip. As Peter Anwan said.
    Sorry Billy....I meant the throttle grip body....meaning the cover over the throttle grip connections.... the cold is affecting my brain... (even more than normal). I have just bought some water disperser, taken the grip cover off and given the interior a good squirt. Left it a few minutes and started it up, but limp mode is still there. Hopefully it will take effect over the next few hours.

Many thanks
    Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

No help to you Peteoz but this is an example of one reason why I keep my trusty old GS SM5. Reliability ain't the Spyder's strong point with newer models as we see repeatedly. Lotsa Ulysses folks there to offer advice and help no doubt. Good luck with it.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

We also experienced similar the last time we went to Homer AK. It turned cold, and rainy the night we arrived there. The bikes were parked outside right next to the ocean. Both vehicles were hard to start in the AM and rode wonky for about half a day. We did not experience limp modes though. Three hundred miles from the nearest dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If the problem is caused by moisture. Either by a leaky connector or Hall sensor. Then It needs to fixed when you get the chance. Spraying with WD40 even if it works temporarily. Is not a fix. It is sealed and should work, even submerged under water.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If the problem is caused by moisture. Either by a leaky connector or Hall sensor. Then It needs to fixed when you get the chance. Spraying with WD40 even if it works temporarily. Is not a fix. It is sealed and should work, even submerged under water.
    Thanks Billy......yeah, I have no intention of just leaving it. My current concern is that I have to travel on some pretty lonely roads to get home (or even close to a dealer), and I just wanted to take all the “precautions” I can. It has so far presented no issue other than disabling cruise control when the warning is active. I believe I’ll just make a run for home, (550km) as my nearest dealer is 400km away anyway and are closed today. As I’ll be leaving here in a few hours at around 1c temps, I’m sure I will start out with Limp Home mode, but I hope that when I reach slightly warmer climes, it MAY go away. Cross your fingers for me

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    No help to you Peteoz but this is an example of one reason why I keep my trusty old GS SM5. Reliability ain't the Spyder's strong point with newer models as we see repeatedly. Lotsa Ulysses folks there to offer advice and help no doubt. Good luck with it.
    Thanks Freddy.....Yeah, I know exactly what you are saying...... I have never had a moments trouble during the last 5 years, but it is frustrating when you can’t resolve an issue on the road due to the electronics��

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Just for info.....”Limp Home” was on when I started the Spyder at -3c this morning. It disappeared when I restarted the F3 after fuelling up 30 minutes later, and stayed off for 4 hours, then reappeared 20 minutes before I stopped for the day. It was running in 18 degree temps at the time, so it looks like it may NOT be moisture related. I am now overnighting 3 hours from home. I’ll ride it home tomorrow (hopefully), and then call my “new” dealer (the old one just quit their BRP agreement). They are 2.5 hours away, so I’ll see if they are prepared to order a replacement part that relates to the P060D error code before I take the F3 down for a fix.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.